Glucosamine and Nose bleeds - from FDA reports
Nose bleeds is found among people who take Glucosamine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Vitamin D, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,474 people who have side effects when taking Glucosamine from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
6,474 people reported to have side effects when taking Glucosamine.
Among them, 76 people (1.17%) have Nose bleeds
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Glucosamine *:
- female: 60 %
- male: 40 %
Age of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Glucosamine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.59 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 12 people, 15.79%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 11 people, 14.47%
- High Blood Pressure: 7 people, 9.21%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 7 people, 9.21%
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 6 people, 7.89%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Fish Oil: 20 people, 26.32%
- Vitamin D: 20 people, 26.32%
- Xarelto: 15 people, 19.74%
- Calcium: 15 people, 19.74%
- Vitamin C: 15 people, 19.74%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 14 people, 18.42%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 14 people, 18.42%
- Headache (pain in head): 13 people, 17.11%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 11 people, 14.47%
- Diarrhea: 10 people, 13.16%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Nose bleeds while taking Glucosamine?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Nose bleeds
- Subscribe to monitor Nose bleeds in Glucosamine
You are not alone:
Glucosamine has active ingredients of glucosamine. It is often used in joint pain. (latest outcomes from Glucosamine 6,828 users)
Nose bleeds has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, stroke, high blood pressure, thrombosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 54,333 Nose bleeds patients).
Drugs that are associated with Nose bleedsNose bleeds (2,647 drugs)
Could your condition cause Nose bleedsNose bleeds (2,357 conditions)
Glucosamine side effects
- Glucosamine side effects (6,478 reports)
Browse all side effects of Glucosaminea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Liver Fibrosis with Latuda? - now
- Will you have Urticaria Pigmentosa with Concerta? - a second ago
- Will you have Mastocytoma with Concerta? - a second ago
- Will you have Mastocytosis with Concerta? - a second ago
- Will you have Gait Deviation with Amiodarone Hydrochloride? - 2 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- Prediction of Dulera, Cabergoline, Iron Edta, Allegra Allergy for a 29 year old woman - 19 minutes ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Eliquis - 31 minutes ago
- A study for a 48 year old woman who takes Hydrochlorothiazide, Calcium Hydroxyapatite, Suboxone, Potassium, Amlodipine, Harthorne, Cinnamon, Vitamin E, Co-enzyme B-12, Milk Thistle, Magnesium - 42 minutes ago
- A study for a 53 year old woman who takes Benadryl Preservative Free - 49 minutes ago
- A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Calcium Citrate, Fosamax, Nexium 24hr, Aspirin - 58 minutes ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.