Glucosamine and Nose bleeds - from FDA reports
Nose bleeds is found among people who take Glucosamine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Fish Oil, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter. This review analyzes which people have Nose bleeds with Glucosamine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,897 people who have side effects when taking Glucosamine from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
4,897 people reported to have side effects when taking Glucosamine.
Among them, 65 people (1.33%) have Nose bleeds
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Glucosamine *:
- female: 57.81 %
- male: 42.19 %
Age of people who have Nose bleeds when taking Glucosamine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.8900000000000001 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 26.42 %
- 60+: 71.7 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 11 people, 16.92%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 11 people, 16.92%
- High Blood Pressure: 7 people, 10.77%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 7 people, 10.77%
- Anticoagulant Therapy: 5 people, 7.69%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Fish Oil: 18 people, 27.69%
- Vitamin D: 15 people, 23.08%
- Xarelto: 14 people, 21.54%
- Vitamin C: 14 people, 21.54%
- Calcium: 13 people, 20.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 13 people, 20.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 12 people, 18.46%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 12 people, 18.46%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 11 people, 16.92%
- Diarrhea: 9 people, 13.85%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Glucosamine and have Nose bleeds?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Nose bleeds
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Ferritin, serum ($44.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Iron and total iron-binding capacity (tibc) ($41.00) Add to cart
- Iron, serum ($32.00) Add to cart
- Lipid profile ($41.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Glucosamine has active ingredients of glucosamine. It is often used in joint pain. (latest outcomes from Glucosamine 5,251 users)
Nose bleeds has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, stroke, high blood pressure, thrombosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 45,749 Nose bleeds patients).
Drugs that are associated with Nose bleedsNose bleeds (2,671 drugs)
Could your condition cause Nose bleedsNose bleeds (2,331 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsNose bleeds and drugs with ingredients of glucosamine. (65 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeNose bleeds and Glucosamine from FDA and eHealthMe reports (66 reports)
Glucosamine side effects
- Glucosamine side effects (4,901 reports)
Browse all side effects of Glucosaminea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Glucosamine and have Nose Bleeds
- Support group for people who have Nose Bleeds
- Support group for people who take Glucosamine
Can you answer these questions
- If you take a baby aspirin and have mylodysplastic syndrome, can I take Tumeric? Have had nosebleeds. Taking Tumeric for pain. Should I stop taking the baby aspirin.
- I started taking a generic brand of Mucinex DM 1 week ago because I had a head cold. I took 2 doses total within a 36 hour time period with no adverse reaction. 6 day later, I took 1 more dose because I was still having lots of congestion. My ears felt like I needed to pop them and I started...
- I was prescribed Benzonatate yesterday took 1 last night and had a Severe nose bleeding early this Am. Is this common for anyone?
- can anyone help me with solutions to help me control my nosebleeds. i take a generic for crestor and get my nosebleeds mostly while i sleep.when it bleeds it pours blood from my nose and ruining my bed sheets. I have humidifiers in bedroom going all night. Any suggestions ? Allen Howe
- I have been taking ibuprofen about 4 times a week for pain as needed for about a month. Last night I woke up and had a nose bleed. Can the ibuprofen cause this and if I stop taking it will the nose bleeds stop or has it stopped for you? It is 600mg per pill. The nose bleed did not last long,...
You may be interested in these posts
- Hi, had nose bleed after 2 days of use. Also, after first pill: pain in legs, dizziness, tired. I am taking baby aspirine too. I suspended use on 3rd day. I am female, 52, had Tia Stroke. However, I had ever smoke or drink, do not have high colesterol/ triglycerides. I exercise regularly,...
- I was injected with Kenalod near both of my eyes for pimples in my 20's. From severe light sensitivity, including tears coming down my face when outside, when people were just fine, it developed to cataracts at 30 yo. After cataract surgery in both I got both of my retinas detached. Since the...
- Anybody heard of gynecomastia being a sympton of nexium of glucosamine?
- does glucosamine make tinitus worse?
- I had eye laser treatment today. Tonight I used my Dexamethesone drops, blew my nose and instantly had a nose bleed. Anyone else?
- Seasonique and Ibuprofen drug interaction
- Will you have Biopsy Breast Abnormal with Bladder Constriction?
- Will you have Accidental Needle Stick with Carboplatin?
- Bactrim and Nucynta drug interaction
- Will you have Neurogenic Bladder with Humira?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Seasonique and Ibuprofen
- Support group for people who have Bladder Constriction and Biopsy Breast Abnormal?
- Support group for people who take Carboplatin and have Accidental Needle Stick?
- Support group for people who take Bactrim and Nucynta
- Support group for people who take Humira and have Neurogenic Bladder?
- What to expect when you take Seasonique and Ibuprofen
- What to expect when you have Bladder Constriction and Biopsy Breast Abnormal?
- What to expect when you take Carboplatin and have Accidental Needle Stick?
- What to expect when you take Bactrim and Nucynta
- What to expect when you take Humira and have Neurogenic Bladder?
- A study for a 50 year old woman who takes Naltrexone Hydrochloride, Mobic
- A study for a 40 year old man who takes Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride, Claritin, Flexeril, Mobic, Seroquel, Fluoxetine Hydrochloride
- A study for a 64 year old woman who takes Herceptin
- A study for a 67 year old woman who takes Bupropion Hydrochloride, Temazepam, Buspirone Hcl, Travatan Z, Vitamin D3, Quetiapine Fumarate
- A study for a 67 year old woman who takes Escitalopram, Adipex-p
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.