Glucotrol xl and Sprue - from FDA reports
Sprue is found among people who take Glucotrol xl, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old also take medication Risperdal, and have Bipolar disorder. This review analyzes which people have Sprue with Glucotrol xl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,570 people who have side effects when taking Glucotrol xl from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 16, 2018
6,570 people reported to have side effects when taking Glucotrol xl.
Among them, 9 people (0.14%) have Sprue
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Sprue when taking Glucotrol xl *:
- female: 11.11 %
- male: 88.89 %
Age of people who have Sprue when taking Glucotrol xl *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 77.78 %
- 60+: 22.22 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Restless Leg Syndrome (6 people, 66.67%)
- Personality Disorder (6 people, 66.67%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (6 people, 66.67%)
- Gastric Ulcer (6 people, 66.67%)
- Bipolar Disorder (6 people, 66.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zoloft (7 people, 77.78%)
- Risperdal (7 people, 77.78%)
- Trileptal (6 people, 66.67%)
- Requip (6 people, 66.67%)
- Klonopin (6 people, 66.67%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Decreased (7 people, 77.78%)
- Urinary Tract Infection (6 people, 66.67%)
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection (6 people, 66.67%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (6 people, 66.67%)
- Hyperhidrosis (6 people, 66.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Sprue when taking Glucotrol xl?
- Check symptoms - is sprue caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsSprue and drugs with ingredients of glipizide.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSprue and Glucotrol xl from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Glucotrol xl has active ingredients of glipizide. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Glucotrol xl 6,606 users)
Sprue (a disease of the small intestine) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, hypothyroidism, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 5,315 Sprue patients).
Browse all side effects of Glucotrol xla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with SprueSprue
Could your condition cause SprueSprue
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Das S, Anand Ramasamy SD, Mondal S, "An unusual case of glipizide-induced proximal myopathy", Journal of pharmacology & pharmacotherapeutics, 2016 Jan .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I suffer with costochondritis and coeliac disease. I'm so ill I can barely function and sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get better again. I've lost a huge amount of weight and this has been a continuous battle for the last 1/2 years. I'm aged 21 yet weigh a mere 6st7. I love food and always have ...
User posts to the study
I just started taking hydrochlorothiazide, (blood pressure medicene), 2 days ago....I'm having diahrria, and vomiting. On the gluten free drugs website, IVAX is supposed to be gluten free. Anyone else have a problem with this. If so, what are you able to take that is GF, and is safe.