Glucotrol and General physical health deterioration - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
General physical health deterioration is found among people who take Glucotrol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Glucotrol and have General physical health deterioration. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 19,975 people who have side effects when taking Glucotrol from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
19,975 people reported to have side effects when taking Glucotrol.
Among them, 64 people (0.32%) have General physical health deterioration.
What is Glucotrol?
Glucotrol has active ingredients of glipizide. It is often used in diabetes. eHealthMe is studying from 20,099 Glucotrol users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is General physical health deterioration?
General physical health deterioration (weak health status) is found to be associated with 2,753 drugs and 2,677 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Glucotrol and General physical health deterioration reports submitted per year:
Time on Glucotrol when people have General physical health deterioration *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 50 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 50 %
Gender of people who have General physical health deterioration when taking Glucotrol *:
- female: 29.69 %
- male: 70.31 %
Age of people who have General physical health deterioration when taking Glucotrol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 3.7 %
- 40-49: 7.41 %
- 50-59: 12.96 %
- 60+: 75.93 %
Common drugs people take besides Glucotrol *:
- Lipitor: 33 people, 51.56%
- Glucophage: 26 people, 40.62%
- Aredia: 20 people, 31.25%
- Zocor: 17 people, 26.56%
- Dexamethasone: 15 people, 23.44%
- Zometa: 14 people, 21.88%
- Actos: 13 people, 20.31%
- Lisinopril: 13 people, 20.31%
- Neulasta: 12 people, 18.75%
- Carboplatin: 11 people, 17.19%
Common side effects people have besides General physical health deterioration *:
- Pain: 38 people, 59.38%
- Stress And Anxiety: 33 people, 51.56%
- Emotional Distress: 24 people, 37.50%
- Injury: 23 people, 35.94%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 23 people, 35.94%
- Decreased Interest: 20 people, 31.25%
- Tooth Loss: 19 people, 29.69%
- Joint Pain: 17 people, 26.56%
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 17 people, 26.56%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 15 people, 23.44%
Common conditions people have *:
- Lung Neoplasm Malignant (cancer tumour of lung): 13 people, 20.31%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 13 people, 20.31%
- High Blood Pressure: 5 people, 7.81%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 4 people, 6.25%
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging Brain: 3 people, 4.69%
- Pain: 3 people, 4.69%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 3 people, 4.69%
- Dyskinesia (abnormality or impairment of voluntary movement): 2 people, 3.12%
- Glucose Tolerance Impaired (blood glucose is raised beyond normal levels, but not high enough to warrant a diabetes diagnosis): 2 people, 3.12%
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 3.12%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Glucotrol and have General physical health deterioration?Check whether General physical health deterioration is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Das S, Anand Ramasamy SD, Mondal S, "An unusual case of glipizide-induced proximal myopathy", Journal of pharmacology & pharmacotherapeutics, 2016 Jan .
How severe was General physical health deterioration and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of glipizide:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Glucotrol:
- Glucotrol (20,099 reports)
Common Glucotrol side effects:
Browse all side effects of Glucotrol:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
General physical health deterioration treatments and more:
- General physical health deterioration (107,022 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to General physical health deterioration:
- General physical health deterioration in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- General physical health deterioration in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- General physical health deterioration in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with General physical health deterioration:
All the drugs that are associated with General physical health deterioration:
- General physical health deterioration (2,753 drugs)
Common conditions associated with General physical health deterioration:
All the conditions that are associated with General physical health deterioration:
- General physical health deterioration (2,677 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on glipizide (the active ingredients of Glucotrol) and Glucotrol (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tysabri and Torisel drug interaction - now
- Naproxen Sodium and Serum Sickness-Like Reaction - a second ago
- Viibryd and Tic - 6 seconds ago
- Drug Withdrawal Syndrome and drugs of ingredients of dulaglutide - 7 seconds ago
- Metformin and Upper-Airway Cough Syndrome - 15 seconds ago
- Mirtazapine and Hamamelis drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Acne Pustular and Rash Macular - 25 seconds ago
- Bupropion Hydrochloride and Depression - 30 seconds ago
- Flexeril vs. Arava - 32 seconds ago
- Joint Pain and drugs of ingredients of penicillin v potassium - 43 seconds ago