Halcion and Chondropathy - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Chondropathy is found among people who take Halcion, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Halcion and have Chondropathy. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,840 people who have side effects when taking Halcion from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
7,840 people reported to have side effects when taking Halcion.
Among them, 9 people (0.11%) have Chondropathy.
What is Halcion?
Halcion has active ingredients of triazolam. It is often used in insomnia. eHealthMe is studying from 7,805 Halcion users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Chondropathy?
Chondropathy (disease of the cartilage) is found to be associated with 667 drugs and 408 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Halcion and Chondropathy reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Chondropathy when taking Halcion *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Chondropathy when taking Halcion *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 11.11 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 44.44 %
- 60+: 44.44 %
Common drugs people take besides Halcion *:
- Ultram: 6 people, 66.67%
- Lyrica: 6 people, 66.67%
- Avelox: 6 people, 66.67%
- Lotensin: 4 people, 44.44%
- Levothroid: 4 people, 44.44%
- Xanax: 2 people, 22.22%
- Antivert: 2 people, 22.22%
- Namenda: 2 people, 22.22%
- M.v.i.: 2 people, 22.22%
- Carafate: 2 people, 22.22%
Common side effects people have besides Chondropathy *:
- Diarrhea: 8 people, 88.89%
- Fall: 7 people, 77.78%
- Withdrawal Syndrome (a discontinuation syndrome is a set of symptoms occurred due to discontinuation of substance): 6 people, 66.67%
- Rash Erythematous (redness of the skin): 6 people, 66.67%
- Weakness: 6 people, 66.67%
- Gait Disturbance: 6 people, 66.67%
- Night Sweats (sweating in night): 6 people, 66.67%
- Nodule (a small rock or mineral cluster): 6 people, 66.67%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 6 people, 66.67%
- Formication (a sensation that exactly resembles that of small insects crawling on (or under) the skin): 6 people, 66.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Spinal Pain (pain in spine): 6 people, 66.67%
- Spinal Disorder (disease of spine a back bone): 6 people, 66.67%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 6 people, 66.67%
- High Blood Pressure: 6 people, 66.67%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 6 people, 66.67%
- Intervertebral Disc Degeneration (spinal disc degeneration): 6 people, 66.67%
- Joint Pain: 6 people, 66.67%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 6 people, 66.67%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 6 people, 66.67%
- Pain: 6 people, 66.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Halcion and have Chondropathy?Check whether Chondropathy is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Chondropathy and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of triazolam:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Halcion:
- Halcion (7,805 reports)
Common Halcion side effects:
Browse all side effects of Halcion:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Chondropathy treatments and more:
- Chondropathy (3,587 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Chondropathy:
- Chondropathy in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Chondropathy in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Chondropathy in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Chondropathy:
All the drugs that are associated with Chondropathy:
- Chondropathy (667 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Chondropathy:
All the conditions that are associated with Chondropathy:
- Chondropathy (408 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on triazolam (the active ingredients of Halcion) and Halcion (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Omeprazole and Hepatitis C Positive - a second ago
- Gabitril and Gastric Disorder - 2 seconds ago
- Janumet Xr and Cataract - 15 seconds ago
- Temovate and Liver Disorder - 22 seconds ago
- Viracept and Right Ventricular Systolic Pressure Increased - 24 seconds ago
- Vivelle-Dot and Tendon Injury - 26 seconds ago
- Lozol and Itching - 30 seconds ago
- Cleocin T and Bedridden - 41 seconds ago
- Provera and Vicodin drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Sudafed and Colazal drug interaction - 46 seconds ago