Haldol and Dysphagia - from FDA reports
Dysphagia is found among people who take Haldol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Agitation. This review analyzes which people have Dysphagia with Haldol. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 15,712 people who have side effects when taking Haldol from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 19, 2017
15,712 people reported to have side effects when taking Haldol.
Among them, 348 people (2.21%) have Dysphagia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Haldol when people have Dysphagia *:
- < 1 month: 72.13 %
- 1 - 6 months: 4.92 %
- 6 - 12 months: 9.84 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.92 %
- 2 - 5 years: 1.64 %
- 5 - 10 years: 3.28 %
- 10+ years: 3.28 %
Gender of people who have Dysphagia when taking Haldol *:
- female: 47.66 %
- male: 52.34 %
Age of people who have Dysphagia when taking Haldol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.36 %
- 10-19: 1.42 %
- 20-29: 8.54 %
- 30-39: 8.54 %
- 40-49: 16.01 %
- 50-59: 8.9 %
- 60+: 56.23 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Agitation (35 people, 10.06%)
- Depression (25 people, 7.18%)
- Bipolar Disorder (18 people, 5.17%)
- Multiple Myeloma (16 people, 4.60%)
- Psychotic Disorder (15 people, 4.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (62 people, 17.82%)
- Zoloft (61 people, 17.53%)
- Zyprexa (59 people, 16.95%)
- Aredia (55 people, 15.80%)
- Ativan (53 people, 15.23%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (95 people, 27.30%)
- Pain (85 people, 24.43%)
- Weakness (84 people, 24.14%)
- Stress And Anxiety (83 people, 23.85%)
- Breathing Difficulty (75 people, 21.55%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Dysphagia when taking Haldol?
- Check symptoms - is dysphagia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDysphagia and drugs with ingredients of haloperidol.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDysphagia and Haldol from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Haldol has active ingredients of haloperidol. It is often used in schizophrenia. (latest outcomes from Haldol 16,112 users)
Dysphagia (condition in which swallowing is difficult or painful) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, pain, depression (latest reports from 59,153 Dysphagia patients).
Browse all side effects of Haldola b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DysphagiaDysphagia
Could your condition cause DysphagiaDysphagia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been taking 75mg of Aspirin since my heart attack on the 6th December 2016. I have had pain on swallowing for three months, I changed from dispersable to enteric coated a month ago, at first that was fine but now the pain has returned. The only other drug I am is Ticagrelor with ends in ...
User reviews to the study
Hello... I've joined this group in hope of finding answers pertaining to gallbladder cancer that can possibly be caused by this prescription medicatation. I have lost my mother to gallbladder cancer. She was 42. My grandmother has now been diagnoised. The doctors are baffled because according to ...
Hi, My sister was taking Haldol for at least 6 years by injection & recently past away from ALS. I believe that this drug caused the ALS because of the Negligence of a Doctor of staff at a State run facility. I want to find out if there are many others who took this med for years to later be ...