Haldol and Tumor pain - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Tumor pain is found among people who take Haldol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Haldol and have Tumor pain. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 20,615 people who have side effects when taking Haldol from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
20,615 people reported to have side effects when taking Haldol.
Among them, 10 people (0.05%) have Tumor pain.
What is Haldol?
Haldol has active ingredients of haloperidol. It is often used in schizophrenia. eHealthMe is studying from 21,044 Haldol users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Tumor pain?
Tumor pain is found to be associated with 390 drugs and 220 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Haldol and Tumor pain reports submitted per year:
Time on Haldol when people have Tumor pain *:
- < 1 month: 33.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 66.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Tumor pain when taking Haldol *:
- female: 40 %
- male: 60 %
Age of people who have Tumor pain when taking Haldol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 10 %
- 40-49: 10 %
- 50-59: 10 %
- 60+: 70 %
Common drugs people take besides Haldol *:
- Morphine: 4 people, 40.00%
- Lantus: 2 people, 20.00%
- Magnesium: 2 people, 20.00%
- Ambien: 2 people, 20.00%
- Atrovent: 2 people, 20.00%
- Clexane: 2 people, 20.00%
- Duragesic-100: 2 people, 20.00%
- Flector: 2 people, 20.00%
- Fragmin: 2 people, 20.00%
- Abraxane: 2 people, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Tumor pain *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 6 people, 60.00%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 5 people, 50.00%
- Constipation: 4 people, 40.00%
- Back Pain: 4 people, 40.00%
- Weakness: 4 people, 40.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4 people, 40.00%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 4 people, 40.00%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 4 people, 40.00%
- General Physical Health Deterioration (weak health status): 4 people, 40.00%
- Cough: 4 people, 40.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 30.00%
- Tumor: 2 people, 20.00%
- Hypomagnesaemia (electrolyte disturbance in which there is an abnormally low level of magnesium in the blood): 2 people, 20.00%
- Blood Glucose Increased: 2 people, 20.00%
- Breast Cancer Metastatic: 2 people, 20.00%
- Diabetes: 2 people, 20.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 20.00%
- Hypertensive Heart Disease: 2 people, 20.00%
- Leukopenia (less number of white blood cells in blood): 2 people, 20.00%
- Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell (lung cancer): 2 people, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Haldol and have Tumor pain?Check whether Tumor pain is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Obayi, O., & Tagbo, N. , "Bilateral Pedal Oedema Associated with Intramuscular Haloperidol–A Rare Observation", International Neuropsychiatric Disease Journal, 2018 Jan .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Haldol:
- Haldol (21,044 reports)
Tumor pain treatments and more:
- Tumor pain (2,934 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Tumor pain:
- Tumor pain in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Tumor pain in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Tumor pain in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Tumor pain and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of haloperidol:
All the drugs that are associated with Tumor pain:
- Tumor pain (390 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Tumor pain:
- Tumor pain (220 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on haloperidol (the active ingredients of Haldol) and Haldol (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.