Heparin sodium and Incision site infection - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Incision site infection is reported only by a few people who take Heparin Sodium.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Heparin sodium and have Incision site infection. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 17,949 people who have side effects while taking Heparin sodium from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
17,949 people reported to have side effects when taking Heparin sodium.
Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Incision site infection.
What is Heparin sodium?
Heparin sodium has active ingredients of heparin sodium. It is often used in deep venous thrombosis. eHealthMe is studying from 18,027 Heparin sodium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Incision site infection?
Incision site infection (infection at incision site) is found to be associated with 565 drugs and 292 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Heparin sodium and Incision site infection reports submitted per year:
Time on Heparin sodium when people have Incision site infection *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Incision site infection when taking Heparin sodium *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Incision site infection when taking Heparin sodium *:
- 0-1: 50 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 50 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Heparin sodium *:
- Pepcid: 2 people, 100.00%
- Zofran: 1 person, 50.00%
- Famotidine: 1 person, 50.00%
- Allegra: 1 person, 50.00%
- Amlodipine: 1 person, 50.00%
- Aspirin: 1 person, 50.00%
- Calcitriol: 1 person, 50.00%
- Carboplatin: 1 person, 50.00%
- Cisplatin: 1 person, 50.00%
- Clonidine: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Incision site infection *:
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 2 people, 100.00%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 2 people, 100.00%
- Respiratory Acidosis (respiratory failure or ventilatory failure, causes the ph of blood and other bodily fluids to decrease): 2 people, 100.00%
- Pneumonia: 2 people, 100.00%
- Weakness: 1 person, 50.00%
- Cerebrovascular Disorder (disease of brain): 1 person, 50.00%
- Dizziness: 1 person, 50.00%
- Diverticulum Intestinal (a pouch that is attached to the first part of the small intestine): 1 person, 50.00%
- Diverticulum (out pouching of a hollow (or a fluid-filled) structure in the body): 1 person, 50.00%
- Diarrhea: 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Wound Infection: 1 person, 50.00%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Heparin sodium and have Incision site infection?Check whether Incision site infection is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Incision site infection and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of heparin sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Heparin sodium:
- Heparin sodium (18,027 reports)
Common Heparin sodium side effects:
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 1,957 reports
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 1,456 reports
- Nausea and vomiting: 1,085 reports
- Indigestion: 1,061 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,007 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 995 reports
Browse all side effects of Heparin sodium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Incision site infection treatments and more:
- Incision site infection (1,367 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Incision site infection:
- Incision site infection in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Incision site infection in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Incision site infection in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Incision site infection:
All the drugs that are associated with Incision site infection:
- Incision site infection (565 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Incision site infection:
All the conditions that are associated with Incision site infection:
- Incision site infection (292 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on heparin sodium (the active ingredients of Heparin sodium) and Heparin sodium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Plavix and Renal Disorder - now
- Methadone Hydrochloride and Tazidime drug interaction - a second ago
- Macrobid and Lopressor drug interaction - a second ago
- Xenazine and Hot Flush - a second ago
- Simethicone and Tinnitus - 4 seconds ago
- Coq10 and Empty Sella Syndrome - 5 seconds ago
- Lithium Carbonate and Drug Screen False Positive - 8 seconds ago
- Autism and Hair Loss - 14 seconds ago
- Xtandi and Infection - 15 seconds ago
- Zithromax and Lopressor drug interaction - 15 seconds ago