Heparin and Muscle rigidity - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 87,492 people who have side effects when taking Heparin. Muscle rigidity is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Acetaminophen and have Pain.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Heparin and have Muscle rigidity. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
87,492 people reported to have side effects when taking Heparin.
Among them, 52 people (0.06%) have Muscle rigidity.
What is Heparin?
Heparin has active ingredients of heparin sodium. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 87,773 Heparin users.
What is Muscle rigidity?
Muscle rigidity (muscle stiffness) is found to be associated with 1,666 drugs and 1,016 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 16,050 people who have Muscle rigidity.
Number of Heparin and Muscle rigidity reports submitted per year:
Time on Heparin when people have Muscle rigidity *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Muscle rigidity when taking Heparin *:
- female: 35.29 %
- male: 64.71 %
Age of people who have Muscle rigidity when taking Heparin *:
- 0-1: 2.22 %
- 2-9: 2.22 %
- 10-19: 15.56 %
- 20-29: 4.44 %
- 30-39: 13.33 %
- 40-49: 8.89 %
- 50-59: 8.89 %
- 60+: 44.44 %
Common drugs people take besides Heparin *:
- Acetaminophen: 10 people, 19.23%
- Ondansetron: 7 people, 13.46%
- Lorazepam: 6 people, 11.54%
- Prilosec: 6 people, 11.54%
- Lasix: 6 people, 11.54%
- Folic Acid: 6 people, 11.54%
- Ranitidine: 5 people, 9.62%
- Posaconazole: 5 people, 9.62%
- Ultracet: 5 people, 9.62%
- Vancomycin: 5 people, 9.62%
Common side effects people have besides Muscle rigidity *:
- Fever: 17 people, 32.69%
- Confusional State: 14 people, 26.92%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 11 people, 21.15%
- Hyperhidrosis (abnormally increased sweating): 11 people, 21.15%
- Leukocytosis (increased white blood cells): 10 people, 19.23%
- Heart Rate Increased: 9 people, 17.31%
- Breathing Difficulty: 8 people, 15.38%
- Depressed Level Of Consciousness: 8 people, 15.38%
- Confusion: 8 people, 15.38%
- Urinary Incontinence (inability to control the flow of urine and involuntary urination): 8 people, 15.38%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 8 people, 15.38%
- Constipation: 7 people, 13.46%
- Cerebral Infarction (less blood supply to brain resulting tissue damage): 5 people, 9.62%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 5 people, 9.62%
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 7.69%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 4 people, 7.69%
- Seizures (abnormal excessive or synchronous neuronal activity in the brain): 3 people, 5.77%
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (All) (cancer of the white blood cells characterized by excess lymphoblasts): 3 people, 5.77%
- Anaesthesia: 3 people, 5.77%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 3 people, 5.77%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Heparin and have Muscle rigidity?Check whether Muscle rigidity is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Heparin side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Heparin side effects (87,773 reports)
Muscle rigidity treatments and more:
- Muscle rigidity (16,050 reports)
Common drugs associated with Muscle rigidity:
- Risperidone: 641 reports
- Loraz: 632 reports
- Lorazepam: 632 reports
- Olanzapine: 614 reports
- Sinemet: 603 reports
- Clozapine: 568 reports
- Clonazepam: 566 reports
- Omeprazole: 523 reports
- Diazepam: 487 reports
- Mirtazapine: 466 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Muscle rigidity:
- Muscle rigidity (1,666 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Muscle rigidity:
- Parkinson's disease: 2,883 reports
- Depression: 1,050 reports
- Schizophrenia: 638 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 468 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 437 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Muscle rigidity:
- Muscle rigidity (1,016 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on heparin sodium (the active ingredients of Heparin) and Heparin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Temazepam and Plasmacytosis - 3 seconds ago
- Sulfatrim and Muscle Twitching - 5 seconds ago
- Mevacor and Ventricular Extrasystoles - 5 seconds ago
- Lactulose and Unasyn drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Benadryl and Salivary Hypersecretion - 8 seconds ago
- Errin and Buspirone Hcl drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Lexapro and Bankruptcy - 15 seconds ago
- Rocephin and Lump In The Abdomen - 20 seconds ago
- Vitamin B12 and Hyperparathyroidism Primary - 21 seconds ago
- Prevacid and Enzalutamide drug interaction - 22 seconds ago