Heparin and Ototoxicity - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Ototoxicity is found among people who take Heparin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Heparin and have Ototoxicity. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 81,722 people who have side effects when taking Heparin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
81,722 people reported to have side effects when taking Heparin.
Among them, 17 people (0.02%) have Ototoxicity.
What is Heparin?
Heparin has active ingredients of heparin sodium. eHealthMe is studying from 76,043 Heparin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Ototoxicity?
Ototoxicity (damage to the ear) is found to be associated with 598 drugs and 336 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Heparin and Ototoxicity reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Ototoxicity when taking Heparin *:
- female: 35.29 %
- male: 64.71 %
Age of people who have Ototoxicity when taking Heparin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 12.5 %
- 10-19: 12.5 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 31.25 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 12.5 %
- 60+: 31.25 %
Common drugs people take besides Heparin *:
- Apixaban: 5 people, 29.41%
- Morphine: 5 people, 29.41%
- Ondansetron: 4 people, 23.53%
- Vancomycin: 3 people, 17.65%
- Malarone: 2 people, 11.76%
- Cefazolin: 2 people, 11.76%
- Codeine: 2 people, 11.76%
- Timentin: 2 people, 11.76%
- Hydroxyzine: 2 people, 11.76%
- Paracetamol: 2 people, 11.76%
Common side effects people have besides Ototoxicity *:
- Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears): 6 people, 35.29%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 5 people, 29.41%
- Deafness Neurosensory: 3 people, 17.65%
- Chronic Thyroiditis (long lasting inflammation of thyroid gland): 2 people, 11.76%
- Neurosensory Hypoacusis (a type of hearing loss in which the root cause lies in the vestibulocochlear nerve): 2 people, 11.76%
- Dizziness: 1 person, 5.88%
- Breathing Difficulty: 1 person, 5.88%
- Deafness Unilateral: 1 person, 5.88%
- Diarrhea: 1 person, 5.88%
- Haematuria (presence of blood in urine): 1 person, 5.88%
Common conditions people have *:
- Gestational Trophoblastic Tumor: 5 people, 29.41%
- Osteosarcoma (a cancerous (malignant) bone tumour): 2 people, 11.76%
- Medulloblastoma (a fast-growing, high-grade tumour that always begins in the cerebellum): 2 people, 11.76%
- Malaria (a parasitic disease due to mosquito bite): 2 people, 11.76%
- Staphylococcal Abscess (pus formation due to staphylococcal bacteria): 1 person, 5.88%
- Enterobacter Infection (infection caused by bacteria of the family enterobacteriaceae): 1 person, 5.88%
- Endocarditis (inflammation in heart muscle): 1 person, 5.88%
- Diarrhea: 1 person, 5.88%
- Delirium (wild excitement): 1 person, 5.88%
- Confusional State: 1 person, 5.88%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Heparin and have Ototoxicity?Check whether Ototoxicity is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Ototoxicity and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of heparin sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Heparin:
- Heparin (76,043 reports)
Common Heparin side effects:
Browse all side effects of Heparin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Ototoxicity treatments and more:
- Ototoxicity (1,631 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Ototoxicity:
- Ototoxicity in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Ototoxicity in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Ototoxicity in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Ototoxicity:
All the drugs that are associated with Ototoxicity:
- Ototoxicity (598 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Ototoxicity:
- Ototoxicity (336 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on heparin sodium (the active ingredients of Heparin) and Heparin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Vitamin Supplementation and Wound Necrosis - 6 seconds ago
- Dilaudid and Furuncle - 11 seconds ago
- Darunavir and Rozerem drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Prednisone and Joint Crepitation - 27 seconds ago
- Prochlorperazine and Gingival Hyperplasia - 30 seconds ago
- Abilify and Atherosclerosis - 31 seconds ago
- Axert and Vioxx drug interaction - 32 seconds ago
- Xeljanz Xr and Ascites - 32 seconds ago
- Creon and Blood Cortisol Decreased - 36 seconds ago
- Gentamicin and Neomycin And Polymyxin B Sulfates And Hydrocortisone drug interaction - 38 seconds ago