Herceptin and Oesophageal stenosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Oesophageal stenosis is found among people who take Herceptin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Herceptin and have Oesophageal stenosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 35,542 people who have side effects when taking Herceptin from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
35,542 people reported to have side effects when taking Herceptin.
Among them, 9 people (0.03%) have Oesophageal stenosis.
What is Herceptin?
Herceptin has active ingredients of trastuzumab. It is often used in breast cancer. eHealthMe is studying from 35,871 Herceptin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Oesophageal stenosis?
Oesophageal stenosis (narrowing of oesophagus) is found to be associated with 836 drugs and 467 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Herceptin and Oesophageal stenosis reports submitted per year:
Time on Herceptin when people have Oesophageal stenosis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 66.67 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Oesophageal stenosis when taking Herceptin *:
- female: 88.89 %
- male: 11.11 %
Age of people who have Oesophageal stenosis when taking Herceptin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 62.5 %
- 60+: 37.5 %
Common drugs people take besides Herceptin *:
- Xtampza Er: 3 people, 33.33%
- Taxotere: 3 people, 33.33%
- Taxol: 3 people, 33.33%
- Sertraline: 3 people, 33.33%
- Piqray: 3 people, 33.33%
- Oxycodone: 3 people, 33.33%
- Ondansetron: 3 people, 33.33%
- Melatonin: 3 people, 33.33%
- Decadron: 3 people, 33.33%
- Zantac: 2 people, 22.22%
Common side effects people have besides Oesophageal stenosis *:
- Swallowing Difficulty: 4 people, 44.44%
- Skin Blushing/flushing (a sudden reddening of the face, neck): 4 people, 44.44%
- Tongue Discoloration: 3 people, 33.33%
- Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control: 3 people, 33.33%
- Glossodynia (a burning or painful sensation in the tongue): 3 people, 33.33%
- Food Intolerance (inability to have food): 3 people, 33.33%
- Dry Skin: 3 people, 33.33%
- Dry Eyes (lack of adequate tears): 3 people, 33.33%
- Diarrhea: 3 people, 33.33%
- Cellulitis (infection under the skin): 3 people, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Oesophageal Carcinoma (cancer tumour of oesophagus): 1 person, 11.11%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 11.11%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Herceptin and have Oesophageal stenosis?Check whether Oesophageal stenosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Saleh M, Bourcier T, Noel G, Speeg-Schatz C, Gaucher D, "Bilateral macular ischemia and severe visual loss following trastuzumab therapy", Acta Oncologica, 2011 Apr .
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Herceptin:
- Herceptin (35,871 reports)
Oesophageal stenosis treatments and more:
- Oesophageal stenosis (3,238 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Oesophageal stenosis:
- Oesophageal stenosis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Oesophageal stenosis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Oesophageal stenosis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Oesophageal stenosis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of trastuzumab:
Common drugs associated with Oesophageal stenosis:
All the drugs that are associated with Oesophageal stenosis:
- Oesophageal stenosis (836 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Oesophageal stenosis:
All the conditions that are associated with Oesophageal stenosis:
- Oesophageal stenosis (467 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on trastuzumab (the active ingredients of Herceptin) and Herceptin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Intelence vs. Genvoya - 13 seconds ago
- Cystitis Noninfective and Stable Angina - 23 seconds ago
- Abdominal Pain Upper and Drug Tolerance Increased - 25 seconds ago
- Pramipexole Dihydrochloride and Serevent drug interaction - 27 seconds ago
- Atazanavir Sulfate and Uveitis - 29 seconds ago