Herceptin and Peripheral sensory neuropathy - from FDA reports
Peripheral sensory neuropathy is found among people who take Herceptin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Paclitaxel, and have Nausea. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 25,147 people who have side effects when taking Herceptin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
25,147 people reported to have side effects when taking Herceptin.
Among them, 47 people (0.19%) have Peripheral sensory neuropathy
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Herceptin when people have Peripheral sensory neuropathy *:
- < 1 month: 37.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 6.25 %
- 6 - 12 months: 18.75 %
- 1 - 2 years: 37.5 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Peripheral sensory neuropathy when taking Herceptin *:
- female: 97.62 %
- male: 2.38 %
Age of people who have Peripheral sensory neuropathy when taking Herceptin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 12.5 %
- 40-49: 25.0 %
- 50-59: 45.0 %
- 60+: 17.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Abdominal Pain Upper: 3 people, 6.38%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 6.38%
- Arthropathy: 3 people, 6.38%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 6.38%
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 2 people, 4.26%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Paclitaxel: 11 people, 23.40%
- Xeloda: 10 people, 21.28%
- Taxol: 9 people, 19.15%
- Perjeta: 9 people, 19.15%
- Oxaliplatin: 8 people, 17.02%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 17 people, 36.17%
- Peripheral Motor Neuropathy (muscles in the body become progressively weaker over months to years): 16 people, 34.04%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 14 people, 29.79%
- Constipation: 13 people, 27.66%
- Dry Skin: 11 people, 23.40%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Peripheral sensory neuropathy while taking Herceptin?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Peripheral sensory neuropathy
- Subscribe to monitor Peripheral sensory neuropathy in Herceptin
You are not alone:
Herceptin has active ingredients of trastuzumab. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Herceptin 25,425 users)
Peripheral sensory neuropathy
Peripheral sensory neuropathy (damage to one or more of your peripheral nerves) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, breast cancer, preventive health care, high blood pressure, breast cancer metastatic (latest reports from 4,248 Peripheral sensory neuropathy patients).
Drugs that are associated with Peripheral sensory neuropathyPeripheral sensory neuropathy (825 drugs)
Could your condition cause Peripheral sensory neuropathyPeripheral sensory neuropathy (485 conditions)
Herceptin side effects
- Herceptin side effects (25,185 reports)
Browse all side effects of Herceptina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Saleh M, Bourcier T, Noel G, Speeg-Schatz C, Gaucher D, "Bilateral macular ischemia and severe visual loss following trastuzumab therapy", Acta Oncologica, 2011 Apr .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Hiatal Hernia with Valium? - now
- Will you have Electrolyte Imbalance with Oxycodone And Acetaminophen? - now
- Will you have Hiatus Hernia with Valium? - now
- Will you have Hernia - Hiatal with Valium? - now
- Will you have Pneumothorax with Terbutaline Sulfate? - now
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 51 year old woman who takes Alendronate Sodium - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 65 year old man who takes Ezetimibe - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old woman who takes Humira, Melatonin - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Spironolactone - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 29 year old man who takes Ketoconazole, Adderall 15 - 8 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.