Herceptin and Peripheral sensory neuropathy - from FDA reports
Peripheral sensory neuropathy is found among people who take Herceptin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Paclitaxel, and have Agranulocytosis. This review analyzes which people have Peripheral sensory neuropathy with Herceptin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 19,844 people who have side effects when taking Herceptin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 18, 2017
19,844 people reported to have side effects when taking Herceptin.
Among them, 37 people (0.19%) have Peripheral sensory neuropathy
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Herceptin when people have Peripheral sensory neuropathy *:
- < 1 month: 31.25 %
- 1 - 6 months: 6.25 %
- 6 - 12 months: 18.75 %
- 1 - 2 years: 43.75 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Peripheral sensory neuropathy when taking Herceptin *:
- female: 96.88 %
- male: 3.12 %
Age of people who have Peripheral sensory neuropathy when taking Herceptin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 16.67 %
- 40-49: 30.0 %
- 50-59: 43.33 %
- 60+: 10.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (2 people, 5.41%)
- Muscle Aches (2 people, 5.41%)
- Agranulocytosis (2 people, 5.41%)
- Neoplasm Malignant (1 person, 2.70%)
- Hyperchlorhydria (1 person, 2.70%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Paclitaxel (11 people, 29.73%)
- Xeloda (9 people, 24.32%)
- Taxol (9 people, 24.32%)
- Oxaliplatin (8 people, 21.62%)
- Arimidex (8 people, 21.62%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Peripheral Motor Neuropathy (16 people, 43.24%)
- Fatigue (12 people, 32.43%)
- Nausea (10 people, 27.03%)
- High Blood Pressure (10 people, 27.03%)
- Ejection Fraction Decreased (10 people, 27.03%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Peripheral sensory neuropathy when taking Herceptin?
- Check symptoms - is peripheral sensory neuropathy caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPeripheral sensory neuropathy and drugs with ingredients of trastuzumab.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePeripheral sensory neuropathy and Herceptin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Herceptin has active ingredients of trastuzumab. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Herceptin 20,121 users)
Peripheral sensory neuropathy
Peripheral sensory neuropathy (damage to one or more of your peripheral nerves) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, breast cancer, preventive health care, high blood pressure, colon cancer (latest reports from 3,574 Peripheral sensory neuropathy patients).
Browse all side effects of Herceptina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Peripheral sensory neuropathyPeripheral sensory neuropathy
Could your condition cause Peripheral sensory neuropathyPeripheral sensory neuropathy
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Saleh M, Bourcier T, Noel G, Speeg-Schatz C, Gaucher D, "Bilateral macular ischemia and severe visual loss following trastuzumab therapy", Acta Oncologica, 2011 Apr .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User posts to the study
Hi! I'm a thriving Stage 4 breast cancer patient in remission since October 2015, but infused with Herceptin and Perjeta every three weeks. I have underlying Essential Tremor and Restless Leg.Syndrome, but over the months, dystonia, torticollis, and severe restlessness have only been relieved ...
I did Taxol and Herceptin treatment for 3 months and now I am at the end of my Herceptin treatment which continued for another 9 months. For the last 2 months or so I have had pain on my fingers but it is getting worse and worse to the point where I can hardly move my hands in the morning. I am ...
I have just had my 14th injection of herceptin and have started to feel a vague dizziness . I didn't experience this during chemotherapy and am interested to hear how others are coping with the side effects . I have also put a lot of weight on around my tummy , something I have never had before. ...