Humalog and Dupuytren's contracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is found among people who take Humalog, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Humalog and have Dupuytren's contracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 125,852 people who have side effects when taking Humalog from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
125,852 people reported to have side effects when taking Humalog.
Among them, 25 people (0.02%) have Dupuytren's contracture.
What is Humalog?
Humalog has active ingredients of insulin lispro recombinant. It is often used in diabetes. eHealthMe is studying from 118,881 Humalog users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 445 drugs and 208 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Humalog and Dupuytren's contracture reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Humalog *:
- female: 60 %
- male: 40 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Humalog *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 8.33 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 25.0 %
- 60+: 66.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Humalog *:
- Lantus: 15 people, 60.00%
- Synthroid: 4 people, 16.00%
- Lasix: 4 people, 16.00%
- Levemir: 3 people, 12.00%
- Prednisone: 3 people, 12.00%
- Pravachol: 3 people, 12.00%
- Accuretic: 2 people, 8.00%
- Oxycodone And Acetaminophen: 2 people, 8.00%
- Xenical: 2 people, 8.00%
- Methotrexate: 2 people, 8.00%
Common side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (nerve compression at wrist results numbness weakness, pain , swelling): 11 people, 44.00%
- Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control: 6 people, 24.00%
- Blood Glucose Increased: 5 people, 20.00%
- Trigger Finger: 5 people, 20.00%
- Localised Infection (infection at the single location): 4 people, 16.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 4 people, 16.00%
- Impaired Healing: 4 people, 16.00%
- Injection Site Pain: 4 people, 16.00%
- Blood Glucose Decreased: 4 people, 16.00%
- Nodule (a small rock or mineral cluster): 3 people, 12.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 5 people, 20.00%
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (inflammation of the skin and joints with kin condition which typically causes patches (plaques) of red, scaly skin to develop): 2 people, 8.00%
- Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin): 2 people, 8.00%
- Pain: 2 people, 8.00%
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach): 2 people, 8.00%
- Immunodeficiency Common Variable: 1 person, 4.00%
- Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control: 1 person, 4.00%
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 1 person, 4.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Humalog and have Dupuytren's contracture?Check whether Dupuytren's contracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Dupuytren's contracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of insulin lispro recombinant:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Humalog:
- Humalog (118,881 reports)
Common Humalog side effects:
Browse all side effects of Humalog:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Dupuytren's contracture treatments and more:
- Dupuytren's contracture (2,031 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Xiaflex: 137 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (445 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Ra: 104 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (208 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on insulin lispro recombinant (the active ingredients of Humalog) and Humalog (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Bumex and Paranoia - a second ago
- Atacand and Adderall drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Topamax and Uveitis - 4 seconds ago
- Noxafil and Gallstones - 6 seconds ago
- Viramune and Drug Intolerance - 23 seconds ago
- Flexeril and Application Site Excoriation - 23 seconds ago
- Fibromyalgia and Gastrointestinal Inflammation - 26 seconds ago
- Septra and Breast Pain - 35 seconds ago
- Lopressor and Movement - Uncoordinated - 36 seconds ago
- Captopril And Hydrochlorothiazide and Aspirin drug interaction - 41 seconds ago