Humira and High blood pressure - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
High blood pressure is found among people who take Humira, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Humira and have High blood pressure. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 647,817 people who have side effects when taking Humira from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
647,817 people reported to have side effects when taking Humira.
Among them, 13,142 people (2.03%) have High blood pressure.
What is Humira?
Humira has active ingredients of adalimumab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 738,352 Humira users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is High blood pressure?
High blood pressure is found to be associated with 4,907 drugs and 5,151 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Humira and High blood pressure reports submitted per year:
Time on Humira when people have High blood pressure *:
Gender of people who have High blood pressure when taking Humira*:
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Humira *:
Common drugs people take besides Humira *:
Common side effects people have besides High blood pressure *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Humira and have High blood pressure?Check whether High blood pressure is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Chiriac A, Brzezinski P, Stolnicu S, Podoleanu C, Moldovan C, Molnar C, Taranu T, "Eosinophilia–A rare possible adverse reaction during anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha therapy for psoriasis", Journal of Dermatological Treatment, 2016 Mar .
How severe was High blood pressure and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of adalimumab:
- High blood pressure and drugs with ingredients of adalimumab (13,505 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Humira:
- Humira (738,352 reports)
Common Humira side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 93,489 reports
- Joint pain: 47,464 reports
- Pain: 47,288 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 39,149 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 38,407 reports
- Rashes (redness): 32,791 reports
- Diarrhea: 27,396 reports
Browse all side effects of Humira:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
High blood pressure treatments and more:
- High blood pressure (1,013,376 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to High blood pressure:
- High blood pressure in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- High blood pressure in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- High blood pressure in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with High blood pressure:
- Prednisone: 26,668 reports
- Aspirin: 20,101 reports
- Methotrexate: 18,668 reports
- Amlodipine: 16,475 reports
- Lisinopril: 14,644 reports
- Vioxx: 13,957 reports
- Metformin: 13,835 reports
- Humira: 13,142 reports
- Synthroid: 11,736 reports
- Pantoprazole: 10,759 reports
All the drugs that are associated with High blood pressure:
- High blood pressure (4,907 drugs)
Common conditions associated with High blood pressure:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 26,033 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 14,882 reports
- Pain: 13,076 reports
- Osteoporosis: 11,512 reports
All the conditions that are associated with High blood pressure:
- High blood pressure (5,151 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on adalimumab (the active ingredients of Humira) and Humira (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Abiraterone Acetate and Silodosin drug interaction - now
- Zyprexa and Hyperpyrexia - 2 seconds ago
- Caffeine and Jakafi drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Avandia and Multimorbidity - 11 seconds ago
- Cranberry and Klor-Con drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Novolin N and Keppra drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Vyvanse and Accident - 15 seconds ago
- Robaxin and Ranexa drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Sustiva and Fever - 25 seconds ago
- Glipizide and Sciatica - 36 seconds ago