Humira and Nasal congestion - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Nasal congestion is found among people who take Humira, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Humira and have Nasal congestion. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 647,817 people who have side effects when taking Humira from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
647,817 people reported to have side effects when taking Humira.
Among them, 3,225 people (0.5%) have Nasal congestion.
What is Humira?
Humira has active ingredients of adalimumab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 650,617 Humira users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Nasal congestion?
Nasal congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels) is found to be associated with 3,044 drugs and 2,253 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Humira and Nasal congestion reports submitted per year:
Time on Humira when people have Nasal congestion *:
Gender of people who have Nasal congestion when taking Humira*:
Age of people who have Nasal congestion when taking Humira *:
Common drugs people take besides Humira *:
Common side effects people have besides Nasal congestion *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Humira and have Nasal congestion?Check whether Nasal congestion is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Chiriac A, Brzezinski P, Stolnicu S, Podoleanu C, Moldovan C, Molnar C, Taranu T, "Eosinophilia–A rare possible adverse reaction during anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha therapy for psoriasis", Journal of Dermatological Treatment, 2016 Mar .
How severe was Nasal congestion and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of adalimumab:
- Nasal congestion and drugs with ingredients of adalimumab (3,093 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Humira:
- Humira (650,617 reports)
Common Humira side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 93,489 reports
- Joint pain: 47,464 reports
- Pain: 47,288 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 39,149 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 38,407 reports
- Rashes (redness): 32,791 reports
- Diarrhea: 27,396 reports
Browse all side effects of Humira:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Nasal congestion treatments and more:
- Nasal congestion (66,850 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Nasal congestion:
- Nasal congestion in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Nasal congestion in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Nasal congestion in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Nasal congestion:
- Prednisone: 5,255 reports
- Letairis: 3,800 reports
- Enbrel: 3,479 reports
- Humira: 3,225 reports
- Xolair: 2,887 reports
- Methotrexate: 2,881 reports
- Aspirin: 2,546 reports
- Opsumit: 2,537 reports
- Singulair: 2,533 reports
- Symbicort: 2,197 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Nasal congestion:
- Nasal congestion (3,044 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Nasal congestion:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 5,822 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 5,219 reports
- Asthma: 4,871 reports
- Psoriasis: 1,990 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,861 reports
- Crohn's disease: 1,748 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Nasal congestion:
- Nasal congestion (2,253 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on adalimumab (the active ingredients of Humira) and Humira (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Zolpidem and Fuzeon drug interaction - 59 seconds ago
- Percocet and Ileal Fistula - a minute ago
- Clostridial Infection and Weight Decreased - a minute ago
- Rebif and Accutane drug interaction - a minute ago
- Valerian vs. L - Tryptophan - a minute ago
- Melatonin and Ovarian Cysts - 2 minutes ago
- Vectibix and Bladder Pain - 2 minutes ago
- Pimecrolimus and Mucinex Dm drug interaction - 2 minutes ago
- Alendronic Acid and Pneumonia - 2 minutes ago
- Rebif and Accolate drug interaction - 2 minutes ago