Humira and Oedema peripheral - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Oedema peripheral is found among people who take Humira, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Humira and have Oedema peripheral. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 647,817 people who have side effects when taking Humira from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
647,817 people reported to have side effects when taking Humira.
Among them, 5,853 people (0.9%) have Oedema peripheral.
What is Humira?
Humira has active ingredients of adalimumab. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 650,663 Humira users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Oedema peripheral?
Oedema peripheral (superficial swelling) is found to be associated with 3,603 drugs and 3,400 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Humira and Oedema peripheral reports submitted per year:
Time on Humira when people have Oedema peripheral *:
Gender of people who have Oedema peripheral when taking Humira*:
Age of people who have Oedema peripheral when taking Humira *:
Common drugs people take besides Humira *:
Common side effects people have besides Oedema peripheral *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Humira and have Oedema peripheral?Check whether Oedema peripheral is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Chiriac A, Brzezinski P, Stolnicu S, Podoleanu C, Moldovan C, Molnar C, Taranu T, "Eosinophilia–A rare possible adverse reaction during anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha therapy for psoriasis", Journal of Dermatological Treatment, 2016 Mar .
How severe was Oedema peripheral and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of adalimumab:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Humira:
- Humira (650,663 reports)
Common Humira side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 93,489 reports
- Joint pain: 47,464 reports
- Pain: 47,288 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 39,149 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 38,407 reports
- Rashes (redness): 32,791 reports
- Diarrhea: 27,396 reports
Browse all side effects of Humira:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Oedema peripheral treatments and more:
- Oedema peripheral (158,983 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Oedema peripheral:
- Oedema peripheral in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Oedema peripheral in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Oedema peripheral in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Oedema peripheral:
- Aspirin: 9,679 reports
- Prednisone: 9,651 reports
- Lasix: 9,060 reports
- Furosemide: 8,501 reports
- Enbrel: 6,208 reports
- Methotrexate: 5,868 reports
- Humira: 5,853 reports
- Amlodipine: 5,576 reports
- Lyrica: 5,499 reports
- Metformin: 5,066 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Oedema peripheral:
- Oedema peripheral (3,603 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Oedema peripheral:
- High blood pressure: 10,901 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 9,825 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 7,964 reports
- Pain: 6,039 reports
- Osteoporosis: 5,018 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 4,416 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Oedema peripheral:
- Oedema peripheral (3,400 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on adalimumab (the active ingredients of Humira) and Humira (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Neurontin and Blood Albumin Decreased - a second ago
- Oxcarbazepine and Weight Abnormal - 9 seconds ago
- Orsythia and Abdominal Distension - 11 seconds ago
- Oxacillin Sodium and Zoledronic drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Brevital Sodium and Arrhythmias - 13 seconds ago
- Budesonide and Hyponatremia - 18 seconds ago
- Provera and Birth Control - 18 seconds ago
- Crohn'S Disease and Metapneumovirus Infection - 20 seconds ago
- Didanosine and Mesnex drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Rasilez and Nifedipine drug interaction - 23 seconds ago