Hydroxychloroquine sulfate and Halo vision - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Halo vision is reported only by a few people who take Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Hydroxychloroquine sulfate and have Halo vision. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 32,423 people who have side effects while taking Hydroxychloroquine sulfate from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
32,423 people reported to have side effects when taking Hydroxychloroquine sulfate.
Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Halo vision.
What is Hydroxychloroquine sulfate?
Hydroxychloroquine sulfate has active ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 33,322 Hydroxychloroquine sulfate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Halo vision?
Halo vision (rainbow vision) is found to be associated with 538 drugs and 320 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Hydroxychloroquine sulfate and Halo vision reports submitted per year:
Time on Hydroxychloroquine sulfate when people have Halo vision *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 100 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Halo vision when taking Hydroxychloroquine sulfate *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Halo vision when taking Hydroxychloroquine sulfate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Hydroxychloroquine sulfate *:
- Ultram: 1 person, 50.00%
- Tylenol: 1 person, 50.00%
- Prednisone: 1 person, 50.00%
- Pantoprazole Sodium: 1 person, 50.00%
- Mobic: 1 person, 50.00%
- Methotrexate: 1 person, 50.00%
- Amiodarone Hydrochloride: 1 person, 50.00%
- Alendronate Sodium: 1 person, 50.00%
- Aciphex: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Halo vision *:
- Vision Blurred: 1 person, 50.00%
- Vision - Night Blindness: 1 person, 50.00%
- Scotoma (an area of diminished vision within the visual field): 1 person, 50.00%
- Rash Erythematous (redness of the skin): 1 person, 50.00%
- Papilloedema (optic disc swelling): 1 person, 50.00%
- Oropharyngeal Pain: 1 person, 50.00%
- Optic Neuropathy (optic nerve damage): 1 person, 50.00%
- Diarrhea: 1 person, 50.00%
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Sarcoidosis (an inflammatory disease that affects multiple organs in the body, but mostly the lungs and lymph glands): 1 person, 50.00%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 1 person, 50.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 50.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 50.00%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Hydroxychloroquine sulfate and have Halo vision?Check whether Halo vision is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Hydroxychloroquine sulfate:
- Hydroxychloroquine sulfate (33,322 reports)
Halo vision treatments and more:
- Halo vision (1,150 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Halo vision:
- Halo vision in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Halo vision in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Halo vision in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Halo vision and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of hydroxychloroquine sulfate:
All the drugs that are associated with Halo vision:
- Halo vision (538 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Halo vision:
- Halo vision (320 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on hydroxychloroquine sulfate (the active ingredients of Hydroxychloroquine sulfate) and Hydroxychloroquine sulfate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.