Hyzaar and Hypochromic anaemia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Hypochromic anaemia is reported only by a few people who take Hyzaar.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Hyzaar and have Hypochromic anaemia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 15,569 people who have side effects while taking Hyzaar from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
15,569 people reported to have side effects when taking Hyzaar.
Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Hypochromic anaemia.
What is Hyzaar?
Hyzaar has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide; losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 16,215 Hyzaar users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Hypochromic anaemia?
Hypochromic anaemia (hypochromic anaemia is a generic term for any type of anaemia in which the red blood cells (erythrocytes) are paler than normal) is found to be associated with 571 drugs and 277 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Hyzaar and Hypochromic anaemia reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hypochromic anaemia when taking Hyzaar *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Hypochromic anaemia when taking Hyzaar *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 50 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 50 %
Common drugs people take besides Hyzaar *:
- Vioxx: 1 person, 50.00%
- Prozac: 1 person, 50.00%
- Avandia: 1 person, 50.00%
- Celebrex: 1 person, 50.00%
- Claritin: 1 person, 50.00%
- Darvocet-N 100: 1 person, 50.00%
- Flonase: 1 person, 50.00%
- Fosamax: 1 person, 50.00%
- Glucophage: 1 person, 50.00%
- Glucotrol Xl: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Hypochromic anaemia *:
- Stress Symptoms: 1 person, 50.00%
- Bronchitis Acute (acute inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 1 person, 50.00%
- Dizziness: 1 person, 50.00%
- Diabetic Retinopathy (damage to the retina caused by complications of diabetes): 1 person, 50.00%
- Diabetic Neuropathy (neuropathic disorders that are associated with diabetes mellitus): 1 person, 50.00%
- Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control: 1 person, 50.00%
- Coughing Up Blood: 1 person, 50.00%
- Chest Pain: 1 person, 50.00%
- Cervical Spinal Stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal in the neck): 1 person, 50.00%
- Cellulitis (infection under the skin): 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Transient Ischaemic Attack (a transient episode of neurologic dysfunction caused by ischemia (loss of blood flow)): 1 person, 50.00%
- Pain: 1 person, 50.00%
- Depression: 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Hyzaar and have Hypochromic anaemia?Check whether Hypochromic anaemia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Hypochromic anaemia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide; losartan potassium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Hyzaar:
- Hyzaar (16,215 reports)
Common Hyzaar side effects:
- High blood pressure: 1,095 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,022 reports
- Drug ineffective: 955 reports
- Weakness: 919 reports
- Dizziness: 888 reports
- Pain: 868 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 791 reports
Browse all side effects of Hyzaar:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Hypochromic anaemia treatments and more:
- Hypochromic anaemia (1,125 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Hypochromic anaemia:
- Hypochromic anaemia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Hypochromic anaemia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Hypochromic anaemia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Hypochromic anaemia:
- Aspirin: 115 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hypochromic anaemia:
- Hypochromic anaemia (572 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Hypochromic anaemia:
- Hypochromic anaemia (277 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on hydrochlorothiazide; losartan potassium (the active ingredients of Hyzaar) and Hyzaar (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Genotropin and Granulocyte Count Increased - 6 seconds ago
- Cardizem and Urinary Bladder Haemorrhage - 8 seconds ago
- Detrol La and Stelazine drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Repatha and Plantar Fasciitis - 10 seconds ago
- Candesartan Cilexetil vs. Tenex - 13 seconds ago
- Acebutolol Hydrochloride vs. Vasotec - 20 seconds ago
- Dyazide and Nail Disorder - 21 seconds ago
- Nolvadex vs. Neulasta - 21 seconds ago
- Perforomist and Cuts And Puncture Wounds - 22 seconds ago
- Dymista and Hypoglycaemia Aggravated - 34 seconds ago