Hyzaar and Upper respiratory tract infection - from FDA reports
Upper respiratory tract infection is found among people who take Hyzaar, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prilosec, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Upper respiratory tract infection with Hyzaar. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 13,121 people who have side effects when taking Hyzaar from FDA , and is updated regularly.
13,121 people reported to have side effects when taking Hyzaar.
Among them, 67 people (0.51%) have Upper respiratory tract infection
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Hyzaar when people have Upper respiratory tract infection *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 50 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Upper respiratory tract infection when taking Hyzaar *:
- female: 64.62 %
- male: 35.38 %
Age of people who have Upper respiratory tract infection when taking Hyzaar *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 7.27 %
- 50-59: 49.09 %
- 60+: 43.64 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 15 people, 22.39%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 8 people, 11.94%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 7 people, 10.45%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 7 people, 10.45%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 3 people, 4.48%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prilosec: 22 people, 32.84%
- Zometa: 21 people, 31.34%
- Allegra: 19 people, 28.36%
- Vioxx: 17 people, 25.37%
- Acetaminophen: 16 people, 23.88%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 32 people, 47.76%
- Pain: 31 people, 46.27%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 22 people, 32.84%
- Injury: 22 people, 32.84%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 22 people, 32.84%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Hyzaar and have Upper respiratory tract infection?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Upper respiratory tract infection
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Hyzaar has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide; losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Hyzaar 13,721 users)
Upper respiratory tract infection
Upper respiratory tract infection has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, psoriasis, psoriatic arthropathy (latest reports from 30,532 Upper respiratory tract infection patients).
Drugs that are associated with Upper respiratory tract infectionUpper respiratory tract infection (1,980 drugs)
Could your condition cause Upper respiratory tract infectionUpper respiratory tract infection (1,376 conditions)
Hyzaar side effects
- Hyzaar side effects (13,124 reports)
Browse all side effects of Hyzaara b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Hyzaar and have Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
- Support group for people who have Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
- Support group for people who take Hyzaar
Can you answer these questions
- I have a rash which Dermatology said is from Hyzaar. This involves a lot of dry peeling skin and itching. Seems to clear up in one area a little and then he breaks out again and it's dry and itchy. Moving all across my body
- Can these infection be due to esting of spicy food?
- At first it makes me jittery, but then the sleepiness kicks in. Yesterday I slept from 8PM until now almost 9AM and I'm still sleepy! I am a fit 35 year old, go to the gym 5 days a week and eat a clean diet. No history of high blood pressure nor any other underlying disease/health problem
You may be interested in these posts
- I experience unexplainable dizziness, intense fatigue (sleep all day), and muscles and joint weakness in my legs and knees. After about 60 mins of smoking I feel these symptoms as the high starts to rescind.
- Hi everyone, I am getting re-occurring upper respiratory tract infections (urti), every 6-8 weeks and wonder if the connection is because I take pradaxa. I cant say for sure as I have always suffered bronchitis and asthma but am sure I have never had them at this frequency. Any info from...
- Hi! I have been taking Repatha for 6 months and I woke up this morning with my 4th URI. Very frustrating. Has anyone found this to side effect to fade over time or is a dozen head colds a year my new reality? Thanks!
- I first experienced syncope about a year ago, when I got up during the night to use the bathroom. I was not injured and blew it off. Three weeks ago it happened again. I had been asleep on the sofa and was getting up to go to bed. This time, I was carrying a glass in my hand and fell on a slate...
- I want to know about the side effects of botox. I seem to get baggy eyelids as well as an upper respiratory infection. No one believes me. But it is so.
- Will you have Drug Eruption with Amlodipine?
- Will you have Saliva Analysis Abnormal with Breo Ellipta?
- Will you have Vaginal Cysts with Blood Triglycerides Abnormal?
- Will you have Hypermagnesuria with Ibuprofen?
- Will you have Hyperinsulinaemia with Ibuprofen?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Amlodipine and have Drug Eruption?
- Support group for people who take Breo Ellipta and have Saliva Analysis Abnormal?
- Support group for people who have Blood Triglycerides Abnormal and Vaginal Cysts?
- Support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Hypermagnesuria?
- Support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Hyperinsulinaemia?
- What to expect when you take Amlodipine and have Drug Eruption?
- What to expect when you take Breo Ellipta and have Saliva Analysis Abnormal?
- What to expect when you have Blood Triglycerides Abnormal and Vaginal Cysts?
- What to expect when you take Ibuprofen and have Hypermagnesuria?
- What to expect when you take Ibuprofen and have Hyperinsulinaemia?
- A study for a 37 year old woman who takes Xyrem, Modafinil
- A study for a 49 year old man who takes Cosentyx
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Bactrim, Prednisone, Xanax, Lipitor, Valcyte, Coreg, Creon, Magnesium, Prograf, Dexilant
- A study for a 12 year old girl who takes Klonopin, Pregabalin, Endep
- A study for a 23 year old woman who takes Rifampin, Isoniazid, Ethambutol Hydrochloride
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.