Hyzaar and Upper respiratory tract infection - from FDA reports
Upper respiratory tract infection is found among people who take Hyzaar, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prilosec, and have Multiple myeloma. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 13,741 people who have side effects when taking Hyzaar from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
13,741 people reported to have side effects when taking Hyzaar.
Among them, 68 people (0.49%) have Upper respiratory tract infection
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Hyzaar when people have Upper respiratory tract infection *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 50 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Upper respiratory tract infection when taking Hyzaar *:
- female: 65.15 %
- male: 34.85 %
Age of people who have Upper respiratory tract infection when taking Hyzaar *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 7.14 %
- 50-59: 48.21 %
- 60+: 44.64 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 15 people, 22.06%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 8 people, 11.76%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 7 people, 10.29%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 7 people, 10.29%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 3 people, 4.41%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prilosec: 22 people, 32.35%
- Zometa: 21 people, 30.88%
- Allegra: 19 people, 27.94%
- Vioxx: 17 people, 25.00%
- Acetaminophen: 16 people, 23.53%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 33 people, 48.53%
- Pain: 31 people, 45.59%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 22 people, 32.35%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 22 people, 32.35%
- Injury: 22 people, 32.35%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Upper respiratory tract infection while taking Hyzaar?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Upper respiratory tract infection
- Subscribe to monitor Upper respiratory tract infection in Hyzaar
You are not alone:
Hyzaar has active ingredients of hydrochlorothiazide; losartan potassium. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Hyzaar 14,341 users)
Upper respiratory tract infection
Upper respiratory tract infection has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis, osteoporosis, psoriatic arthropathy (latest reports from 36,034 Upper respiratory tract infection patients).
Drugs that are associated with Upper respiratory tract infectionUpper respiratory tract infection (2,013 drugs)
Could your condition cause Upper respiratory tract infectionUpper respiratory tract infection (1,377 conditions)
Hyzaar side effects
- Hyzaar side effects (13,744 reports)
Browse all side effects of Hyzaara b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Altered State Of Consciousness with Fungizone? - a second ago
- Will you have Leukocytosis with Pacerone? - a second ago
- Will you have Occupational Hearing Loss with Q Fever? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Lacrimal Gland Enlargement with Children'S Motrin? - 5 seconds ago
- Adcetris and Allopurinol drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 74 year old woman who takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Oxybutynin, Singulair, Lipitor, Amlodipine, Hctz, Pantoprazole - 15 minutes ago
- A study for a 64 year old woman who takes Keflex - an hour ago
- A study for a 65 year old woman who takes Omeprazole - 2 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Xeljanz Xr, Coumadin, Methylprednisolone for a 52 year old woman - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 52 year old man who takes Bystolic, Irbesartan - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.