Who have Depression with Ibuprofen - from FDA reports
Depression is found among people who take Ibuprofen, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Birth control. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 120,062 people who have side effects when taking Ibuprofen from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
120,062 people reported to have side effects when taking Ibuprofen.
Among them, 3,947 people (3.29%) have Depression
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ibuprofen when people have Depression *:
- < 1 month: 35.12 %
- 1 - 6 months: 10.24 %
- 6 - 12 months: 5.37 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4.88 %
- 2 - 5 years: 17.56 %
- 5 - 10 years: 12.68 %
- 10+ years: 14.15 %
Gender of people who have Depression when taking Ibuprofen *:
- female: 67.4 %
- male: 32.6 %
Age of people who have Depression when taking Ibuprofen *:
- 0-1: 0.1 %
- 2-9: 0.29 %
- 10-19: 5.48 %
- 20-29: 15.95 %
- 30-39: 16.46 %
- 40-49: 23.12 %
- 50-59: 20.4 %
- 60+: 18.16 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Birth Control: 363 people, 9.20%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 316 people, 8.01%
- Stress And Anxiety: 257 people, 6.51%
- High Blood Pressure: 238 people, 6.03%
- Acne (skin problems that cause pimples): 202 people, 5.12%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 375 people, 9.50%
- Zoloft: 344 people, 8.72%
- Ambien: 343 people, 8.69%
- Aspirin: 336 people, 8.51%
- Vicodin: 326 people, 8.26%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 1,747 people, 44.26%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 844 people, 21.38%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 701 people, 17.76%
- Injury: 640 people, 16.21%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 598 people, 15.15%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Depression while taking Ibuprofen?
You are not alone:
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Ibuprofen 125,338 users)
Depression has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, quit smoking, osteoporosis (latest reports from 437,369 Depression patients).
Drugs that are associated with DepressionDepression (3,531 drugs)
Could your condition cause DepressionDepression (3,658 conditions)
Ibuprofen side effects
- Ibuprofen side effects (120,126 reports)
Browse all side effects of Ibuprofena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Moslim MA, Sodeman TC, Nawras AT, "A Case of Suggested Ibuprofen-Induced Acute Pancreatitis", American journal of therapeutics, 2016 Nov .
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Aging Changes In The Senses with Miralax? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Myosclerosis with Avonex? - 2 seconds ago
- Multivitamin and Ibandronate Sodium drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Localised Infection with Colestipol Hydrochloride? - 7 seconds ago
- Will you have Aging Changes In Hormone Production with Xanax? - 7 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 54 year old woman who takes Florinef, Corlanor - 55 minutes ago
- A study for a 76 year old woman who takes Cosentyx - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 13 year old boy who takes Sudafed, Vyvanse - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Niacin, Famotidine, Doxy-sleep-aid, Vitamin D - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 41 year old man who takes Humira - 5 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.