Ibuprofen and Diarrhea - from FDA reports
Diarrhea is found among people who take Ibuprofen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Diarrhea with Ibuprofen. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 102,006 people who have side effects when taking Ibuprofen from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 20, 2017
102,006 people reported to have side effects when taking Ibuprofen.
Among them, 3,773 people (3.7%) have Diarrhea
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ibuprofen when people have Diarrhea *:
- < 1 month: 64.22 %
- 1 - 6 months: 16.93 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.79 %
- 1 - 2 years: 5.43 %
- 2 - 5 years: 3.51 %
- 5 - 10 years: 1.28 %
- 10+ years: 3.83 %
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Ibuprofen *:
- female: 66.23 %
- male: 33.77 %
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Ibuprofen *:
- 0-1: 0.77 %
- 2-9: 2.0 %
- 10-19: 4.32 %
- 20-29: 7.77 %
- 30-39: 10.31 %
- 40-49: 16.27 %
- 50-59: 21.75 %
- 60+: 36.8 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (261 people, 6.92%)
- Depression (209 people, 5.54%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (181 people, 4.80%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (170 people, 4.51%)
- Stress And Anxiety (144 people, 3.82%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin (313 people, 8.30%)
- Zometa (295 people, 7.82%)
- Ambien (268 people, 7.10%)
- Xanax (241 people, 6.39%)
- Percocet (230 people, 6.10%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (1,268 people, 33.61%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (1,139 people, 30.19%)
- Fatigue (763 people, 20.22%)
- Abdominal Pain (674 people, 17.86%)
- Stress And Anxiety (578 people, 15.32%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Diarrhea when taking Ibuprofen?
- Check symptoms - is diarrhea caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDiarrhea and drugs with ingredients of ibuprofen.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDiarrhea and Ibuprofen from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Ibuprofen 107,278 users)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, pain (latest reports from 302,027 Diarrhea patients).
Browse all side effects of Ibuprofena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DiarrheaDiarrhea
Could your condition cause DiarrheaDiarrhea
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Moslim MA, Sodeman TC, Nawras AT, "A Case of Suggested Ibuprofen-Induced Acute Pancreatitis", American journal of therapeutics, 2016 Nov .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Is Gabapentin make you diarhea. I have that symtom . It is so seriously. What medication coould help me to stop it ? Even I take Lomotril It doesn't working . I always made it my pant . I'm so shame . I did talk to my primary doctor. He just gave me Lomotril . I need help ! ...
User posts to the study
I have been taking Saxenda for 3+ weeks now. Gently increasing in .6 dosages every week. On the last day of the 3 week on 1.8, i started experiencing severe abdominal cramps, burping(That smelled like a bad virus) and bad diarrhea. Thinking I had contracted a 24hr bug, I upped to 2.4. By the 3rd ...
Hi, I am a 44 year old women who has just been diagnosed with ADD. I have been taking Ritalin for 2 weeks, I feel amazing but I have a really upset stomach & bad diahorreha. I usually have a pretty sensitive stomach & a bit of IBS.. My main question is I guess is my body just getting used to ...
I have been on klonopin for 10 years or so! Have diarrhea always! They say I have IBSD! No dr ever told me it could be from klonopin! Now Om beginning to think it is! I started out on 1 mg 2 times a day then went down to .5 2 times a day! Now I am weaning off of it! I also think it has messed up ...