Ibuprofen and Impotence - from FDA reports
Impotence is found among people who take Ibuprofen, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Impotence with Ibuprofen. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 102,006 people who have side effects when taking Ibuprofen from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
102,006 people reported to have side effects when taking Ibuprofen.
Among them, 335 people (0.33%) have Impotence
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ibuprofen when people have Impotence *:
- < 1 month: 81.25 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.25 %
- 2 - 5 years: 12.5 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Impotence when taking Ibuprofen *:
- female: 6.01 %
- male: 93.99 %
Age of people who have Impotence when taking Ibuprofen *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.39 %
- 10-19: 1.17 %
- 20-29: 15.23 %
- 30-39: 6.25 %
- 40-49: 25.78 %
- 50-59: 25.39 %
- 60+: 25.78 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression: 63 people, 18.81%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 48 people, 14.33%
- High Blood Pressure: 46 people, 13.73%
- Muscle Spasticity (tight or stiff muscles and an inability to control those muscles): 35 people, 10.45%
- Analgesic Therapy: 35 people, 10.45%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa: 72 people, 21.49%
- Aspirin: 57 people, 17.01%
- Vicodin: 44 people, 13.13%
- Oxycontin: 39 people, 11.64%
- Celebrex: 39 people, 11.64%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Depression: 130 people, 38.81%
- Stress And Anxiety: 118 people, 35.22%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 96 people, 28.66%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 85 people, 25.37%
- Pain In Extremity: 80 people, 23.88%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Ibuprofen and have Impotence?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Impotence
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Ibuprofen 107,281 users)
Impotence (powerlessness) has been reported by people with erection problems, hair loss, androgenetic alopecia, depression, high blood pressure (latest reports from 52,244 Impotence patients).
Drugs that are associated with ImpotenceImpotence (2,052 drugs)
Could your condition cause ImpotenceImpotence (1,797 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsImpotence and drugs with ingredients of ibuprofen. (510 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeImpotence and Ibuprofen from FDA and eHealthMe reports (343 reports)
Ibuprofen side effects
- Ibuprofen side effects (102,070 reports)
Browse all side effects of Ibuprofena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Moslim MA, Sodeman TC, Nawras AT, "A Case of Suggested Ibuprofen-Induced Acute Pancreatitis", American journal of therapeutics, 2016 Nov .
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Impotence
- Support group for people who have Impotence
- Support group for people who take Ibuprofen
Can you answer these questions
- cAN AN ERECCTION COME BACK AFTER ONE STOPS TAKING fanapt
- Now it is about $70 at my pharmacy and i cannot buy it at the small price because I no longer belong to that clinic. Does anyone know which of the discount pharmacies or anywhere else where you can get way discounted Levitra or Cialis? It does exist!
- Been using lyrica for six months, and have terrible problems either ED. My partner doesn't have a big problem with it, bless her, but I do. I need to come off this drug anyway, because of the background headaches I get. I suffer from Chronic Cluster Headaches. The side effects are even worse...
- I've been taking Terazosin for at least 3 years or longer and my erectile dysfunction is getting worse. I'm taking Viagra and it was working for quite some time but now it's not having much of an effect. Do either the Terazosin by itself cause erectile dysfunction or does the interaction of the...
- Does your sex life ever go back to normal after taking this drug or is it permanent it's been 13 months and no change i also cant feel the intoxicating effects of alcohol does this change after a few years????
You may be interested in these posts
- 58 years old and has primary aldosteronism. Going to start taking spironolactole, afraid of the side effects specially ED and breast enlargement.
- Did anyone recover from their erectile dysfunction?
- Is this group real? Is anyone really in this group???
- I am taking Ibuprofen and my vagina has been burning when I pee. I am 25 years old.
- I've been taking about 1200mg for about 2 years for my back. (pinched nerve, arthritis and degenerative disc disorder) Over the past 3 weeks I've lost my sense of taste and smell. Not totally, but I can vaguely catch a scent or flavor of the usually stronger items. I am scheduled for surgery...
- How effective is Prednisone for Pain - Muscles?
- Will you have Thalamic Syndrome with Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride?
- How effective is Prednisone for Myalgia?
- How effective is Prednisone for Muscle Pain?
- How effective is Prednisone for Muscle Aches?
Active Support Groups
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.