Ibuprofen and Vertigo - from FDA reports
Vertigo is found among people who take Ibuprofen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Vertigo with Ibuprofen. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 102,006 people who have side effects when taking Ibuprofen from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
102,006 people reported to have side effects when taking Ibuprofen.
Among them, 4,559 people (4.47%) have Vertigo
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ibuprofen when people have Vertigo *:
- < 1 month: 74.77 %
- 1 - 6 months: 9.97 %
- 6 - 12 months: 1.87 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.74 %
- 2 - 5 years: 8.1 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.93 %
- 10+ years: 0.62 %
Gender of people who have Vertigo when taking Ibuprofen *:
- female: 67.35 %
- male: 32.65 %
Age of people who have Vertigo when taking Ibuprofen *:
- 0-1: 0.03 %
- 2-9: 0.22 %
- 10-19: 3.95 %
- 20-29: 10.71 %
- 30-39: 14.04 %
- 40-49: 19.67 %
- 50-59: 19.97 %
- 60+: 31.41 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression: 320 people, 7.02%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 309 people, 6.78%
- High Blood Pressure: 308 people, 6.76%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 188 people, 4.12%
- Stress And Anxiety: 175 people, 3.84%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin: 440 people, 9.65%
- Neurontin: 292 people, 6.40%
- Lyrica: 281 people, 6.16%
- Zometa: 269 people, 5.90%
- Xanax: 254 people, 5.57%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1,451 people, 31.83%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,025 people, 22.48%
- Weakness: 813 people, 17.83%
- Stress And Anxiety: 813 people, 17.83%
- Breathing Difficulty: 770 people, 16.89%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Ibuprofen and have Vertigo?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Vertigo
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Share you experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- C-reactive protein, (crp) quantitative ($52.00) Add to cart
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Rheumatoid arthritis (ra) factor ($46.00) Add to cart
- Sedimentation rate ($47.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Ibuprofen 107,281 users)
Vertigo has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, osteoporosis, pain (latest reports from 302,953 Vertigo patients).
Drugs that are associated with VertigoVertigo (4,064 drugs)
Could your condition cause VertigoVertigo (5,081 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsVertigo and drugs with ingredients of ibuprofen. (7,224 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeVertigo and Ibuprofen from FDA and eHealthMe reports (4,625 reports)
Ibuprofen side effects
- Ibuprofen side effects (102,070 reports)
Browse all side effects of Ibuprofena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Moslim MA, Sodeman TC, Nawras AT, "A Case of Suggested Ibuprofen-Induced Acute Pancreatitis", American journal of therapeutics, 2016 Nov .
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Vertigo
- Support group for people who have Vertigo
- Support group for people who take Ibuprofen
Can you answer these questions
- Does anyone know anything you can do to help eliminate the side effects of Prolia?
- Taking d- mannose and experience dizziness. Is there a good alternative for incontinence?
- Been taking Diclofenac 150 mg daily for about 4 months now. I tolerate most common side effects, but lately I've become more consistently lightheaded. Wondering if anyone has the same side effect, and how, ( if at all ) they try to remedy those episodes. Thanks
- Any others having dizziness during the use of Miralax?
- I am healthy I take good care of myself. I know my body inside out. I have the first stage of bone lost. I am on Alenderonate I have been on it for 6 weeks. I got a very bad dizzy spell it has continued. I called my Dr and told her I will not be on this medication no longer. She put me on...
You may be interested in these posts
- I am 84 years old and have been getting Flonase through the VA. Recently I have started having episodes of Vertigo and while I still haven't confirmed the my vertigo is due to Flonase, but am going to discontinue it and learn if that is the cause. I don't have vertigo all day, but usually in the...
- How dizzy are you? is it all day? do you have blurred vision?
- I started provera a couple weeks ago, feeling dizzy. How do I combat this?
- This is all very new to me, I've been on levothyroxine for years. I took a period where I wasn't taking it, and I'm back on it again. I've been having vertigo for 2 weeks for the first time in my life. I've been back on the med for over a month...and the vertigo seems to be getting worse. I've...
- Since having two stents placed I am having dizziness everyday sometimes multiple episodes in one day. It has been 3 weeks.
- Will you have Abdominal Wall Haematoma with Zyloprim?
- How effective is Morphine Sulfate for Pain?
- How effective is Morphine Sulfate for Pain Relief?
- How effective is Morphine Sulfate for Pain Management?
- How effective is Morphine Sulfate for Hypnosis And Pain?
Active Support Groups
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.