Ibuprofen and Vertigo - from FDA reports
Vertigo is found among people who take Ibuprofen, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression. This review analyzes which people have Vertigo with Ibuprofen. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 102,006 people who have side effects when taking Ibuprofen from FDA, and is updated regularly.
102,006 people reported to have side effects when taking Ibuprofen.
Among them, 4,598 people (4.51%) have Vertigo
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Ibuprofen when people have Vertigo *:
- < 1 month: 74.38 %
- 1 - 6 months: 10.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 1.56 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.75 %
- 2 - 5 years: 8.44 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.94 %
- 10+ years: 0.94 %
Gender of people who have Vertigo when taking Ibuprofen *:
- female: 67.18 %
- male: 32.82 %
Age of people who have Vertigo when taking Ibuprofen *:
- 0-1: 0.03 %
- 2-9: 0.21 %
- 10-19: 3.97 %
- 20-29: 10.8 %
- 30-39: 13.99 %
- 40-49: 19.56 %
- 50-59: 19.91 %
- 60+: 31.54 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression: 320 people, 6.96%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 309 people, 6.72%
- High Blood Pressure: 308 people, 6.70%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 188 people, 4.09%
- Stress And Anxiety: 175 people, 3.81%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Aspirin: 440 people, 9.57%
- Neurontin: 292 people, 6.35%
- Lyrica: 281 people, 6.11%
- Zometa: 269 people, 5.85%
- Xanax: 256 people, 5.57%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1,465 people, 31.86%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,027 people, 22.34%
- Weakness: 815 people, 17.73%
- Stress And Anxiety: 813 people, 17.68%
- Breathing Difficulty: 770 people, 16.75%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Subscribe to monitor Vertigo in Ibuprofen
- Subscribe to monitor Ibuprofen
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Vertigo
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Ibuprofen has active ingredients of ibuprofen. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Ibuprofen 107,282 users)
Vertigo has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, depression, osteoporosis, pain (latest reports from 302,953 Vertigo patients).
Drugs that are associated with VertigoVertigo (2,626 drugs)
Could your condition cause VertigoVertigo (5,101 conditions)
Ibuprofen side effects
- Ibuprofen side effects (102,070 reports)
Browse all side effects of Ibuprofena b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Moslim MA, Sodeman TC, Nawras AT, "A Case of Suggested Ibuprofen-Induced Acute Pancreatitis", American journal of therapeutics, 2016 Nov .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Ibuprofen and have Vertigo
- Support group for people who have Vertigo
- Support group for people who take Ibuprofen
You may be interested in these posts
- Retired healthcare professional
- I have been suffering from Vertigo for the past 3 years almost nonstop. A friend suggested it might be my parathyroid. When checking symptoms for parathyroid I was shocked to see how many other symptoms I had. Will definitely be discussing with my doctor.
- Have been on Meloxicam 2.5 weeks for shoulder pain and experience dizziness and nausea and fatigue on a regular basis, now.
- Hi am Shannon the m you for allowing me to join
- Hello everyone, I've been on a low dose of Entresto for heart failure for about a year. When my doctor prescribed the next higher dose, I got incapacitating vertigo that lasted 4 days. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, did anything help? Thank you. Dotty
- Will you have Herpes Simplex with Folic Acid?
- Will you have Decreased Hearing with Apriso?
- Will you have Muscle Pain with Effexor?
- Will you have Breast Necrosis with Lyrica?
- Will you have Dry Skin with Viagra?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Folic Acid and have Herpes Simplex?
- Support group for people who take Apriso and have Decreased Hearing?
- Support group for people who take Effexor and have Muscle Pain?
- Support group for people who take Lyrica and have Breast Necrosis?
- Support group for people who take Viagra and have Dry Skin?
- Debbie had a heart attack march 29 of this year had 1 stint put in and 2 more to go they put on...
- I am Barbara and have been on Lipitor for several years and now having severe muscle spasms with...
- This is a good med,but the urinary retention has been worsening over the last 2 months and my...
- Same thing has happened to me 😭😭😭😭 it's been 4 months now
- Hello I took tamiflu back in March & have not been feeling right since 😭😭😭 I want my life back...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.