Imbruvica and Atrial fibrillation/flutter - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Atrial fibrillation/flutter is found among people who take Imbruvica, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Imbruvica and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 50,071 people who have side effects when taking Imbruvica from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
50,071 people reported to have side effects when taking Imbruvica.
Among them, 2,600 people (5.19%) have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
What is Imbruvica?
Imbruvica has active ingredients of ibrutinib. It is often used in chronic lymphocytic leukemia (cll). eHealthMe is studying from 50,138 Imbruvica users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Atrial fibrillation/flutter?
Atrial fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles) is found to be associated with 3,779 drugs and 3,599 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Imbruvica and Atrial fibrillation/flutter reports submitted per year:
Time on Imbruvica when people have Atrial fibrillation/flutter *:
Gender of people who have Atrial fibrillation/flutter when taking Imbruvica*:
Age of people who have Atrial fibrillation/flutter when taking Imbruvica *:
Common drugs people take besides Imbruvica *:
Common side effects people have besides Atrial fibrillation/flutter *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Imbruvica and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter?Check whether Atrial fibrillation/flutter is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Atrial fibrillation/flutter and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ibrutinib:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Imbruvica:
- Imbruvica (50,138 reports)
Common Imbruvica side effects:
- Death: 5,356 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4,151 reports
- Diarrhea: 3,399 reports
- Head injury: 2,818 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 2,600 reports
- Pneumonia: 2,428 reports
- Weakness: 2,420 reports
- Rashes (redness): 2,329 reports
Browse all side effects of Imbruvica:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Atrial fibrillation/flutter treatments and more:
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter (320,468 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Atrial fibrillation/flutter:
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Atrial fibrillation/flutter:
- Aspirin: 10,353 reports
- Furosemide: 7,555 reports
- Prednisone: 6,585 reports
- Digoxin: 6,352 reports
- Lasix: 6,077 reports
- Coumadin: 5,969 reports
- Eliquis: 5,198 reports
- Lisinopril: 4,607 reports
- Metformin: 4,384 reports
- Omeprazole: 4,351 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Atrial fibrillation/flutter:
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter (3,779 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Atrial fibrillation/flutter:
- High blood pressure: 7,895 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 5,272 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 5,047 reports
- Diabetes: 3,939 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Atrial fibrillation/flutter:
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter (3,599 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ibrutinib (the active ingredients of Imbruvica) and Imbruvica (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Hydroxyzine Hydrochloride and Pleural Effusion - 2 seconds ago
- Miacalcin and Incision Site Haemorrhage - 8 seconds ago
- Suboxone and Cuts And Puncture Wounds - 9 seconds ago
- Acromegaly and Abdominal Rigidity - 17 seconds ago
- Avastin and Hypoglycemia - 19 seconds ago
- Cerezyme and Osteoarthritis - 19 seconds ago
- Naproxen and Ortho Cyclen-28 drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Prolactin-Producing Pituitary Tumor and Joint Swelling - 23 seconds ago
- Azathioprine and Respiratory Tract Infection Viral - 24 seconds ago
- Acromegaly and Abdominal Infection - 25 seconds ago