Imodium and Cat scratch disease - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Cat scratch disease is reported only by a few people who take Imodium.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Imodium and have Cat scratch disease. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 41,525 people who have side effects while taking Imodium from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
41,525 people reported to have side effects when taking Imodium.
Among them, 2 people (0.0%) have Cat scratch disease.
What is Imodium?
Imodium has active ingredients of loperamide hydrochloride. It is often used in diarrhea. eHealthMe is studying from 42,386 Imodium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Cat scratch disease?
Cat scratch disease (bacterial infection by cat scratch) is found to be associated with 410 drugs and 248 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Imodium and Cat scratch disease reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Cat scratch disease when taking Imodium *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Cat scratch disease when taking Imodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Imodium *:
- Vitamin B12: 2 people, 100.00%
- Lexapro: 2 people, 100.00%
- Biotin: 2 people, 100.00%
- Viekira Pak: 1 person, 50.00%
- Synthroid: 1 person, 50.00%
- Prilosec: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Cat scratch disease *:
- Weakness: 2 people, 100.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 2 people, 100.00%
- Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing): 2 people, 100.00%
- Feeling Abnormal: 2 people, 100.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 100.00%
- Dyspnea Exertional: 2 people, 100.00%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 2 people, 100.00%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 2 people, 100.00%
- Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears): 1 person, 50.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hepatitis C: 2 people, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Imodium and have Cat scratch disease?Check whether Cat scratch disease is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Cat scratch disease and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of loperamide hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Imodium:
- Imodium (42,386 reports)
Common Imodium side effects:
- Diarrhea: 7,788 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,471 reports
- Drug ineffective: 3,091 reports
- Indigestion: 2,766 reports
- Weakness: 2,297 reports
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 1,900 reports
- Abdominal pain: 1,859 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 1,835 reports
- Dizziness: 1,785 reports
Browse all side effects of Imodium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Cat scratch disease treatments and more:
- Cat scratch disease (537 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Cat scratch disease:
- Cat scratch disease in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Cat scratch disease in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Cat scratch disease in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Cat scratch disease:
- Cat scratch disease (410 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Cat scratch disease:
- Cat scratch disease (248 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on loperamide hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Imodium) and Imodium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Nitroglycerin and Alanine Aminotransferase Decreased - 4 seconds ago
- Indocin and Bursitis Infective Staphylococcal - 6 seconds ago
- Pramipexole Dihydrochloride and Dementia - 25 seconds ago
- Zofran and Mydriasis - 39 seconds ago
- Prednisone and Exercise Capacity Decreased - 41 seconds ago
- Gravol and Hypothyroidism - 46 seconds ago
- Buscopan and Peptic Ulcer Aggravated - 50 seconds ago
- Tecfidera and Tricuspid Valve Prolapse - 53 seconds ago
- Topiramate and Abacavir Sulfate drug interaction - 53 seconds ago
- Alendronic Acid and Humerus Fracture - a minute ago