Imodium and Cystitis interstitial - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Cystitis interstitial is found among people who take Imodium, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Imodium and have Cystitis interstitial. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 37,414 people who have side effects when taking Imodium from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
37,414 people reported to have side effects when taking Imodium.
Among them, 8 people (0.02%) have Cystitis interstitial.
What is Imodium?
Imodium has active ingredients of loperamide hydrochloride. It is often used in diarrhea. eHealthMe is studying from 38,224 Imodium users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Cystitis interstitial?
Cystitis interstitial (unknown cause characterized by bladder pain) is found to be associated with 763 drugs and 405 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Imodium and Cystitis interstitial reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Cystitis interstitial when taking Imodium *:
- female: 87.5 %
- male: 12.5 %
Age of people who have Cystitis interstitial when taking Imodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 14.29 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 14.29 %
- 60+: 71.43 %
Common drugs people take besides Imodium *:
- Norvasc: 6 people, 75.00%
- Zestril: 5 people, 62.50%
- Morphine: 5 people, 62.50%
- Multivitamin: 5 people, 62.50%
- Mycostatin: 5 people, 62.50%
- Kapidex: 5 people, 62.50%
- Neurontin: 5 people, 62.50%
- Gentamicin: 5 people, 62.50%
- Furosemide: 5 people, 62.50%
- Omeprazole: 5 people, 62.50%
Common side effects people have besides Cystitis interstitial *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 6 people, 75.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 6 people, 75.00%
- Pain In Extremity: 6 people, 75.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 6 people, 75.00%
- Dizziness: 6 people, 75.00%
- Movement Disorder (neurological syndromes where they may be excess of movement or a paucity of movement that is not connected to weakness): 5 people, 62.50%
- Hyperglycemia (high blood sugar): 5 people, 62.50%
- Granuloma (a small area of inflammation due to tissue injury): 5 people, 62.50%
- Groin Pain: 5 people, 62.50%
- Haematoma (collection of blood outside the blood vessels): 5 people, 62.50%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Pressure: 6 people, 75.00%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 5 people, 62.50%
- Febrile Neutropenia (fever with reduced white blood cells): 5 people, 62.50%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 1 person, 12.50%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 1 person, 12.50%
- Inflammation: 1 person, 12.50%
- Hypersensitivity: 1 person, 12.50%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 12.50%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 12.50%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 1 person, 12.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Imodium and have Cystitis interstitial?Check whether Cystitis interstitial is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Cystitis interstitial and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of loperamide hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Imodium:
- Imodium (38,224 reports)
Common Imodium side effects:
Browse all side effects of Imodium:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Cystitis interstitial treatments and more:
- Cystitis interstitial (6,034 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Cystitis interstitial:
- Cystitis interstitial in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Cystitis interstitial in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Cystitis interstitial in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Cystitis interstitial:
All the drugs that are associated with Cystitis interstitial:
- Cystitis interstitial (763 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Cystitis interstitial:
All the conditions that are associated with Cystitis interstitial:
- Cystitis interstitial (405 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on loperamide hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Imodium) and Imodium (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Valium and Fungal Nail Infection - now
- Acne and Generalised Oedema - 5 seconds ago
- Clozaril and Agranulocytosis - 9 seconds ago
- Polyfollicular Ovarian Disease and Chronic Thyroiditis - 24 seconds ago
- Pamelor and Zanaflex drug interaction - 28 seconds ago
- Teriflunomide and Conjunctivitis Exacerbated - 32 seconds ago
- Carac and Respiratory Acidosis - 43 seconds ago
- Tegretol and Nervousness - 48 seconds ago
- Radiculopathy and Neuralgia - 54 seconds ago
- Zyrtec and Milk Of Magnesia drug interaction - 57 seconds ago