Implanon and Blindness - from FDA reports
Blindness is found among people who take Implanon, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Fluoxetine, and have Amenorrhea. This review analyzes which people have Blindness with Implanon. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,310 people who have side effects when taking Implanon from FDA , and is updated regularly.
9,310 people reported to have side effects when taking Implanon.
Among them, 15 people (0.16%) have Blindness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Implanon when people have Blindness *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 33.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 16.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Blindness when taking Implanon *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Blindness when taking Implanon *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 10 %
- 20-29: 70 %
- 30-39: 10 %
- 40-49: 10 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Premenstrual Syndrome: 1 person, 6.67%
- Amenorrhea (absence of a menstrual period in a woman of reproductive age): 1 person, 6.67%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Yasmin: 1 person, 6.67%
- Promethazine: 1 person, 6.67%
- Mirena: 1 person, 6.67%
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen: 1 person, 6.67%
- Fluoxetine: 1 person, 6.67%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Intracranial Pressure Increased (high pressure inside the skull and thus in the brain tissue and cerebrospinal fluid): 4 people, 26.67%
- Headache (pain in head): 4 people, 26.67%
- Dizziness: 3 people, 20.00%
- Retinal Vein Thrombosis (clot formation in small veins that carry blood away from the retina): 2 people, 13.33%
- Retinal Artery Thrombosis (blood clot in retinal artery): 2 people, 13.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Implanon and have Blindness?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Blindness
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Luteinizing hormone (lh), serum ($47.00) Add to cart
- Prolactin ($71.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
Implanon has active ingredients of etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Implanon 9,826 users)
Blindness has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, diabetes, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, type 2 diabetes (latest reports from 21,423 Blindness patients).
Drugs that are associated with BlindnessBlindness (1,863 drugs)
Could your condition cause BlindnessBlindness (1,523 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBlindness and drugs with ingredients of etonogestrel. (30 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBlindness and Implanon from FDA and eHealthMe reports (15 reports)
Implanon side effects
- Implanon side effects (9,314 reports)
Browse all side effects of Implanona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Implanon and have Blindness
- Support group for people who have Blindness
- Support group for people who take Implanon
Can you answer these questions
- 9 Day ag I noticed my vision was blured when I got up that morning . I lost the top vision in my right eye the doctors believe it was caused by a stroke to the optic nerve believe to happen will you are a sleep blood pressure becomes to low. I have took ranexa since March 2015. Has any one else...
- im so nervous I wake up every day with less sight I have a 4 year old son I try to be strong around him I got a very supported husband I thank god for that sometimes I think there better without me but I would never hurt my self I just feel that way sometimes very depressed
You may be interested in these posts
- Hello I am on Implanon and I’m noticing some discoloration. Is this something that will continue. I’ve been on for a year and a half now.
- I take Lasix. Went to after hours care due to an ear infection. Doctor gave me a shot of Rocephin, along with a shot of steroid. I had told the nurse I take Lasix. 4 hours later, my vision was blurry and dark, like smoke. At first I thought it was smoke. The ceiling lights, table lamps, computer...
- Hi been on ecitlopram for over 5 years and have blindness in the right eye and left eye is fine but just watery
- Hi, I’m new to this support group I have had rapid loss of vision during the same period of taking Xolair, but how do I know it’s the Xolair ? One optometrist is saying it’s cataracts. Does anybody think alchohol makes the vision loss worse ?
- Hi please will like to know whether the high blood pressure will come to normal after removal or unless anti hypertensive drug is given.
- Latuda and Celebrex drug interaction
- Will you have T1Dm with Goat'S Rue Herb?
- Will you have Ototoxicity with Vesanoid?
- Will you have Immunodeficiency with Lupron?
- Will you have Giant Cell Epulis with Gastritis?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Latuda and Celebrex
- Support group for people who take Goat'S Rue Herb and have T1Dm?
- Support group for people who take Vesanoid and have Ototoxicity?
- Support group for people who take Lupron and have Immunodeficiency?
- Support group for people who have Gastritis and Giant Cell Epulis?
- What to expect when you take Latuda and Celebrex
- What to expect when you take Goat'S Rue Herb and have T1Dm?
- What to expect when you take Vesanoid and have Ototoxicity?
- What to expect when you take Lupron and have Immunodeficiency?
- What to expect when you have Gastritis and Giant Cell Epulis?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.