Will you have Weight control with Implanon - from FDA reports
Weight control is found among people who take Implanon, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Clinoril, and have Heavy or prolong menstrual bleeding. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,297 people who have side effects when taking Implanon from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on etonogestrel (the active ingredients of Implanon) and Implanon (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Weight control are also considered in the study.
What is Implanon?
Implanon has active ingredients of etonogestrel. It is often used in birth control. (latest outcomes from Implanon 10,813 users)
What is Weight control?
Weight control has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 35,621 Weight control patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
10,297 people reported to have side effects when taking Implanon.
Among them, 24 people (0.23%) have Weight control
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Implanon when people have Weight control *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 16.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 66.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 16.67 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Weight control when taking Implanon *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Weight control when taking Implanon *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 10 %
- 20-29: 40 %
- 30-39: 30 %
- 40-49: 10 %
- 50-59: 10 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Heavy Or Prolong Menstrual Bleeding: 1 person, 4.17%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Wellbutrin: 1 person, 4.17%
- Vitamins: 1 person, 4.17%
- Topamax: 1 person, 4.17%
- Mobic: 1 person, 4.17%
- Mirena: 1 person, 4.17%
- Levothyroxine Sodium: 1 person, 4.17%
- Glucophage: 1 person, 4.17%
- Flovent: 1 person, 4.17%
- Flexeril: 1 person, 4.17%
- Clinoril: 1 person, 4.17%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Medical Device Complication: 11 people, 45.83%
- Weight Increased: 7 people, 29.17%
- Overdose: 2 people, 8.33%
- Amenorrhea (absence of a menstrual period in a woman of reproductive age): 2 people, 8.33%
- Back Pain: 2 people, 8.33%
- Drug Ineffective: 2 people, 8.33%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 8.33%
- Gallstones (stone formation by bile component): 2 people, 8.33%
- Menometrorrhagia (a condition in which prolonged or excessive uterine bleeding occurs irregularly and more frequently than normal): 2 people, 8.33%
- Menstruation Irregular: 2 people, 8.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Weight control while taking Implanon?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Weight control
- Subscribe to monitor Weight control in Implanon
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Implanon and have Weight control
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Drugs that are associated with Weight controlWeight control (2,298 drugs)
Could your condition cause Weight controlWeight control (1,809 conditions)
Implanon side effects
- Implanon side effects (10,301 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Implanona b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Kerion with Isovue-128? - a second ago
- Will you have Calculus Prostatic with Tamoxifen Citrate? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Lip Injury with Vitamin D? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Sodium Hypochlorite Poisoning with Minoxidil? - 3 seconds ago
- Buspar and Verapamil Hcl drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Erythema Multiforme with Armour Thyroid? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis with Armour Thyroid? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Stevens-Johnson Syndrome with Armour Thyroid? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Sjs with Armour Thyroid? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Lyell'S Syndrome with Armour Thyroid? - 6 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 36 year old man who takes Klonopin, Magnesium Aspartate, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril - an hour ago
- Prediction of Flexeril, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Effexor Xr, Spironolactone, Zoloft, Prozac, Buspar, Omeprazole for a 32 year old woman - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 32 year old woman who takes Spironolactone, Flexeril, Effexor Xr - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old woman who takes Tramadol - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 23 year old woman who takes Nyquil, Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium - 6 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Amoxicillin And Clavulanate Potassium, Nyquil for a 23 year old woman - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 42 year old woman who takes Flonase, Benzonatate, Allegra Allergy - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 28 year old woman who takes Adderall 30 - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 28 year old woman who takes Adderall 30 - 7 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old woman who takes Cozaar, Novolog, Augmentin '875' - 8 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.