Imuran and Haemorrhoids aggravated - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Haemorrhoids aggravated is found among people who take Imuran, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Imuran and have Haemorrhoids aggravated. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 29,400 people who have side effects when taking Imuran from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
29,400 people reported to have side effects when taking Imuran.
Among them, 146 people (0.5%) have Haemorrhoids aggravated.
What is Imuran?
Imuran has active ingredients of azathioprine. It is often used in crohn's disease. eHealthMe is studying from 30,101 Imuran users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Haemorrhoids aggravated?
Haemorrhoids aggravated (a serious swollen vein or group of veins in the region of the anus) is found to be associated with 1,127 drugs and 298 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Imuran and Haemorrhoids aggravated reports submitted per year:
Time on Imuran when people have Haemorrhoids aggravated *:
Gender of people who have Haemorrhoids aggravated when taking Imuran*:
Age of people who have Haemorrhoids aggravated when taking Imuran *:
Common drugs people take besides Imuran *:
Common side effects people have besides Haemorrhoids aggravated *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Imuran and have Haemorrhoids aggravated?Check whether Haemorrhoids aggravated is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Almarshad HA, "Effect of ginger rhizome extract on lymphocytopenic guinea pig with azathioprine", African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 2014 Nov .
How severe was Haemorrhoids aggravated and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of azathioprine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Imuran:
- Imuran (30,101 reports)
Common Imuran side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 4,217 reports
- Diarrhea: 2,614 reports
- Joint pain: 2,508 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,313 reports
- Pain: 1,877 reports
- Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 1,872 reports
- Abdominal pain: 1,858 reports
- Fever: 1,849 reports
- Rashes (redness): 1,741 reports
Browse all side effects of Imuran:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Haemorrhoids aggravated treatments and more:
- Haemorrhoids aggravated (28 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Haemorrhoids aggravated:
- Haemorrhoids aggravated in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Haemorrhoids aggravated in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Haemorrhoids aggravated in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Haemorrhoids aggravated:
- Fosamax: 2,252 reports
- Prednisone: 1,758 reports
- Aspirin: 1,705 reports
- Accutane: 1,511 reports
- Humira: 1,326 reports
- Zometa: 1,294 reports
- Pegasys: 1,101 reports
- Omeprazole: 1,050 reports
- Lipitor: 1,043 reports
- Synthroid: 1,040 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Haemorrhoids aggravated:
- Haemorrhoids aggravated (1,128 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Haemorrhoids aggravated:
- High blood pressure: 3,510 reports
- Osteoporosis: 1,847 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,106 reports
- Pain: 1,027 reports
- Acne: 949 reports
- Crohn's disease: 830 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 748 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Haemorrhoids aggravated:
- Haemorrhoids aggravated (298 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on azathioprine (the active ingredients of Imuran) and Imuran (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lasix and Ejaculation Disorder - 3 seconds ago
- How effective is Wellbutrin for Stress And Anxiety? - 19 seconds ago
- Vicodin and Abscess Jaw - 33 seconds ago
- Ursodiol and Osmotic Demyelination Syndrome - 35 seconds ago
- Epoprostenol Sodium and Bronchitis - 36 seconds ago
- Xanax and Sirolimus drug interaction - 42 seconds ago
- Prevacid 24 Hr and Triamcinolone Acetonide drug interaction - 49 seconds ago
- Implanon and Hallucination, Olfactory - 53 seconds ago
- Janumet and Pruritus Genital - 54 seconds ago
- Prednisolone and Placenta Abruptio - a minute ago