Imuran and Muscle strain - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Muscle strain is found among people who take Imuran, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Imuran and have Muscle strain. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 29,400 people who have side effects when taking Imuran from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
29,400 people reported to have side effects when taking Imuran.
Among them, 15 people (0.05%) have Muscle strain.
What is Imuran?
Imuran has active ingredients of azathioprine. It is often used in crohn's disease. eHealthMe is studying from 30,099 Imuran users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Muscle strain?
Muscle strain (an injury to a muscle in which the muscle fibres tear) is found to be associated with 1,412 drugs and 764 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Imuran and Muscle strain reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Muscle strain when taking Imuran *:
- female: 92.31 %
- male: 7.69 %
Age of people who have Muscle strain when taking Imuran *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 50.0 %
- 50-59: 37.5 %
- 60+: 12.5 %
Common drugs people take besides Imuran *:
- Folic Acid: 6 people, 40.00%
- Abilify: 5 people, 33.33%
- Remicade: 5 people, 33.33%
- Klonopin: 5 people, 33.33%
- Fosamax: 4 people, 26.67%
- Levothroid: 3 people, 20.00%
- Norvasc: 3 people, 20.00%
- Nasarel: 3 people, 20.00%
- Motrin: 3 people, 20.00%
- Mirapex: 3 people, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Muscle strain *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 7 people, 46.67%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 6 people, 40.00%
- Weakness: 6 people, 40.00%
- Dizziness: 5 people, 33.33%
- Fall: 5 people, 33.33%
- Fever: 5 people, 33.33%
- Blood Potassium Decreased: 4 people, 26.67%
- Pain: 4 people, 26.67%
- Weight Decreased: 4 people, 26.67%
- Chest Pain: 4 people, 26.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 4 people, 26.67%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 3 people, 20.00%
- Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally): 2 people, 13.33%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 2 people, 13.33%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 6.67%
- Restless Leg Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs): 1 person, 6.67%
- Polymyositis (inflammatory muscle disease that causes weakness of the skeletal muscles): 1 person, 6.67%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 1 person, 6.67%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 1 person, 6.67%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 6.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Imuran and have Muscle strain?Check whether Muscle strain is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Almarshad HA, "Effect of ginger rhizome extract on lymphocytopenic guinea pig with azathioprine", African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 2014 Nov .
How severe was Muscle strain and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of azathioprine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Imuran:
- Imuran (30,099 reports)
Common Imuran side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 4,217 reports
- Diarrhea: 2,614 reports
- Joint pain: 2,508 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,313 reports
- Pain: 1,877 reports
- Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 1,872 reports
- Abdominal pain: 1,858 reports
- Fever: 1,849 reports
- Rashes (redness): 1,741 reports
Browse all side effects of Imuran:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Muscle strain treatments and more:
- Muscle strain (11,132 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Muscle strain:
- Muscle strain in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Muscle strain in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Muscle strain in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Muscle strain:
- Fosamax: 1,216 reports
- Prednisone: 714 reports
- Aspirin: 673 reports
- Humira: 513 reports
- Methotrexate: 455 reports
- Alendronate sodium: 400 reports
- Lipitor: 397 reports
- Lisinopril: 392 reports
- Vitamins: 388 reports
- Enbrel: 385 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Muscle strain:
- Muscle strain (1,412 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Muscle strain:
- Osteoporosis: 1,215 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 855 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 610 reports
- High blood pressure: 483 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 474 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Muscle strain:
- Muscle strain (764 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on azathioprine (the active ingredients of Imuran) and Imuran (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Morphine Sulfate and White Blood Cell Count Increased - now
- Vasopressin and Retching - 4 seconds ago
- Symbicort and Scar - 14 seconds ago
- Phenergan and Mirapex drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Lotensin and Gastritis Aggravated - 16 seconds ago
- Tramadol and Coq10 drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Pepcid and Blister - 22 seconds ago
- Rebetol and Mycobacterial Infection - 25 seconds ago
- Detrol and Fluid Retention - 27 seconds ago
- Remodulin and Application Site Irritation - 29 seconds ago