Inderal and Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is found among people who take Inderal, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Inderal and have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 14,803 people who have side effects when taking Inderal from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
14,803 people reported to have side effects when taking Inderal.
Among them, 17 people (0.11%) have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
What is Inderal?
Inderal has active ingredients of propranolol hydrochloride. It is often used in migraine. eHealthMe is studying from 16,040 Inderal users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis?
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (chronic lung disease) is found to be associated with 2,436 drugs and 2,058 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Inderal and Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis reports submitted per year:
Time on Inderal when people have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis *:
- < 1 month: 25 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 75 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis when taking Inderal *:
- female: 11.76 %
- male: 88.24 %
Age of people who have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis when taking Inderal *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 6.25 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 37.5 %
- 50-59: 6.25 %
- 60+: 50.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Inderal *:
- Prednisolone: 4 people, 23.53%
- Synthroid: 3 people, 17.65%
- Prednisone: 3 people, 17.65%
- Viagra: 3 people, 17.65%
- Cephalexin: 2 people, 11.76%
- Lasix: 2 people, 11.76%
- Excedrin: 2 people, 11.76%
- Morphine: 2 people, 11.76%
- Motrin: 2 people, 11.76%
- Norvasc: 2 people, 11.76%
Common side effects people have besides Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis *:
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 4 people, 23.53%
- Bronchiectasis (abnormal widening of the bronchi or their branches, causing a risk of infection): 4 people, 23.53%
- Arteriosclerosis Coronary Artery (thickening and hardening of arteries- coronary artery): 3 people, 17.65%
- Fainting (loss of consciousness and postural tone): 3 people, 17.65%
- Interstitial Lung Disease: 3 people, 17.65%
- Staphylococcus Test Positive: 3 people, 17.65%
- Breathing Difficulty: 3 people, 17.65%
- Heart Rate Increased: 3 people, 17.65%
- Hiatal Hernia (hernia resulting from the protrusion of part of the stomach through the diaphragm): 2 people, 11.76%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 2 people, 11.76%
Common conditions people have *:
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 2 people, 11.76%
- Essential Tremor: 2 people, 11.76%
- Growth Hormone Deficiency: 2 people, 11.76%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 5.88%
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (a chronic condition including attention difficulty, hyperactivity, and impulsiveness): 1 person, 5.88%
- Birth Control: 1 person, 5.88%
- Breast Cancer: 1 person, 5.88%
- Cardiac Failure: 1 person, 5.88%
- Essential Hypertension (primary hypertension): 1 person, 5.88%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 5.88%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Inderal and have Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis?Check whether Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of propranolol hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Inderal:
- Inderal (16,040 reports)
Common Inderal side effects:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,022 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 921 reports
- Weakness: 911 reports
- Pain: 810 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 802 reports
- Drug ineffective: 790 reports
- Diarrhea: 775 reports
- Dizziness: 716 reports
Browse all side effects of Inderal:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis treatments and more:
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (68,077 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis:
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis:
- Methotrexate: 3,515 reports
- Prednisone: 2,846 reports
- Enbrel: 2,030 reports
- Humira: 1,994 reports
- Ofev: 1,513 reports
- Remicade: 1,267 reports
- Actemra: 1,143 reports
- Leflunomide: 1,137 reports
- Aspirin: 1,108 reports
- Xeljanz: 1,091 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis:
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (2,436 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 3,833 reports
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 1,072 reports
- High blood pressure: 931 reports
- Osteoporosis: 657 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis:
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (2,058 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on propranolol hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Inderal) and Inderal (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Concerta and Bedwetting - a second ago
- Maxide vs. Zestoretic - 2 seconds ago
- Saxenda and Pneumonia Aspiration - 4 seconds ago
- Maxidex vs. Atacand - 4 seconds ago
- Clopra and Nandrolone Decanoate drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Maxidex vs. Chlorthalidone - 13 seconds ago
- Topamax vs. Maxalt-Mlt - 13 seconds ago
- Swallowing Difficulty in Cymbalta, how severe and when it was recovered? - 14 seconds ago
- Bisoprolol Fumarate And Hydrochlorothiazide vs. Maxzide-25 - 20 seconds ago
- Neupogen and Angioedema - 23 seconds ago