Ingrezza and Narcolepsy - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Narcolepsy is reported only by a few people who take Ingrezza.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ingrezza and have Narcolepsy. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 21,750 people who have side effects while taking Ingrezza from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
21,750 people reported to have side effects when taking Ingrezza.
Among them, 4 people (0.02%) have Narcolepsy.
What is Ingrezza?
Ingrezza has active ingredients of valbenazine tosylate. eHealthMe is studying from 21,759 Ingrezza users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Narcolepsy?
Narcolepsy (brain's inability to regulate sleep-wake cycles normally) is found to be associated with 1,175 drugs and 674 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Ingrezza and Narcolepsy reports submitted per year:
Time on Ingrezza when people have Narcolepsy *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Narcolepsy when taking Ingrezza *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Narcolepsy when taking Ingrezza *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common side effects people have besides Narcolepsy *:
- Memory Loss: 2 people, 50.00%
- Dyskinesia (abnormality or impairment of voluntary movement): 2 people, 50.00%
- Drug Ineffective: 2 people, 50.00%
- Dizziness: 2 people, 50.00%
- Balance Disorder: 2 people, 50.00%
- Itching: 1 person, 25.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Tardive Dyskinesia (a disorder that involves involuntary movements): 3 people, 75.00%
- Dyskinesia (abnormality or impairment of voluntary movement): 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ingrezza and have Narcolepsy?Check whether Narcolepsy is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Han SH, Lee SA, "Superficial Vein Thrombosis as the Initial Manifestation of Protein S Deficiency in an Adolescent with Narcolepsy", Sleep Medicine Research, 2016 Jun .
- Lopes E, Pereira D, da Silva Behrens NS, de Almeida Fonseca H, Calvancanti PO, de Araújo Lima TF, Pradella-Hallinan M, Castro J, Tufik S, Coelho FM, "Cataplexy as a side effect of modafinil in a patient without narcolepsy", Sleep Science, 2014 Mar .
How severe was Narcolepsy and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of valbenazine tosylate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ingrezza:
- Ingrezza (21,759 reports)
Common Ingrezza side effects:
Browse all side effects of Ingrezza:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Narcolepsy treatments and more:
- Narcolepsy (68,265 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Narcolepsy:
- Narcolepsy in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Narcolepsy in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Narcolepsy in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Narcolepsy:
- Adderall: 145 reports
- Cymbalta: 108 reports
- Gabapentin: 149 reports
- Lyrica: 122 reports
- Provigil: 126 reports
- Xyrem: 389 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Narcolepsy:
- Narcolepsy (1,175 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Narcolepsy:
- Alternative medicine - pain relief: 113 reports
- Cataplexy: 205 reports
- Daytime sleep disorder: 328 reports
- Ms: 214 reports
- Ms hug: 214 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 214 reports
- Narcolepsy: 340 reports
- Pain: 121 reports
- Pain exacerbated: 121 reports
- Pain relief: 120 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Narcolepsy:
- Narcolepsy (674 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on valbenazine tosylate (the active ingredients of Ingrezza) and Ingrezza (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Benicar vs. Hctz - 3 seconds ago
- Enbrel and Tudorza Pressair drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Lyrica and Tysabri drug interaction - 11 seconds ago
- Glucotrol and Head Injury - 12 seconds ago
- Klor-Con and Prozac drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Seroquel and Lodine drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Benadryl and Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth - 28 seconds ago
- Hepatitis C and Pleurisy - 36 seconds ago
- Midol and Augmentin '125' drug interaction - 44 seconds ago
- Paroxetine and Auricular Swelling - 54 seconds ago