Insulin and Psoriasis - from FDA reports
Psoriasis is found among people who take Insulin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Humira, and have Psoriatic arthropathy. This review analyzes which people have Psoriasis with Insulin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 22,316 people who have side effects when taking Insulin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 16, 2017
22,316 people reported to have side effects when taking Insulin.
Among them, 154 people (0.69%) have Psoriasis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Psoriasis when taking Insulin *:
- female: 60.67 %
- male: 39.33 %
Age of people who have Psoriasis when taking Insulin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 1.85 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 6.48 %
- 40-49: 13.89 %
- 50-59: 29.63 %
- 60+: 48.15 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Psoriatic Arthropathy (37 people, 24.03%)
- High Blood Pressure (21 people, 13.64%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (18 people, 11.69%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (14 people, 9.09%)
- Depression (10 people, 6.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Humira (60 people, 38.96%)
- Enbrel (30 people, 19.48%)
- Metformin (21 people, 13.64%)
- Methotrexate (19 people, 12.34%)
- Stelara (11 people, 7.14%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Drug Ineffective (26 people, 16.88%)
- Joint Pain (23 people, 14.94%)
- Injection Site Pain (15 people, 9.74%)
- Itching (13 people, 8.44%)
- Blood Glucose Increased (12 people, 7.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Psoriasis when taking Insulin?
- Check symptoms - is psoriasis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPsoriasis and drugs with ingredients of insulin pork.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePsoriasis and Insulin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Insulin has active ingredients of insulin pork. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Insulin 22,780 users)
Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin) has been reported by people with psoriasis, psoriatic arthropathy, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, crohn's disease (latest reports from 188,616 Psoriasis patients).
Browse all side effects of Insulina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with PsoriasisPsoriasis
Could your condition cause PsoriasisPsoriasis
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hi, I have scalp Psoriasis since October 2016. After three months I got fever for a day and thereafter severe joint pains and stiffness in fingers and feet. I used Naproxen for 8 months and got temporary relief. Scalp Psoriasis is still present. Is there any relation between the two. What is ...
If anyone struggles with the same issue, please help!!!!!! What have you done or what are you doing to control the psoriasis and to stop the recurring boils. I can't stand it anymore. I never had a boil in my life and after pregnancy at the age of 39 I developed inverse psoriasis and get ...
what treatments have anyone followed to avoid placenta abruction due to psioris. My daughter lost two babies from abruction in week 30- 32 however none of her high risk OB/GYN/s ever considered her psioris as the cause they suggest next pregnancy attempt to start her on blood thinners which ...
My husband has been on Lantus Insulin for 1 yr. About two months into taking the medication he started with delusions and paranoid behavior. It has since increased to a point of severely effecting our relationship and marriage. Has they been any significant links to taking insulin and ...