Integrilin and Pulmonary embolism - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 3,019 people who have side effects when taking Integrilin. Pulmonary embolism is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Heparin and have Acute myocardial infarction.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Integrilin and have Pulmonary embolism. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
3,019 people reported to have side effects when taking Integrilin.
Among them, 22 people (0.73%) have Pulmonary embolism.
What is Integrilin?
Integrilin has active ingredients of eptifibatide. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 3,027 Integrilin users.
What is Pulmonary embolism?
Pulmonary embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung) is found to be associated with 3,490 drugs and 2,860 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 155,616 people who have Pulmonary embolism.
Number of Integrilin and Pulmonary embolism reports submitted per year:
Time on Integrilin when people have Pulmonary embolism *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pulmonary embolism when taking Integrilin *:
- female: 19.05 %
- male: 80.95 %
Age of people who have Pulmonary embolism when taking Integrilin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 12.5 %
- 50-59: 25.0 %
- 60+: 62.5 %
Common drugs people take besides Integrilin *:
- Heparin: 13 people, 59.09%
- Plavix: 6 people, 27.27%
- Angiomax: 4 people, 18.18%
- Aspirin: 2 people, 9.09%
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate: 2 people, 9.09%
- Lovenox: 2 people, 9.09%
- Lipitor: 2 people, 9.09%
- Ultracet: 1 person, 4.55%
- Enoxaparin Sodium: 1 person, 4.55%
- Atorvastatin Calcium: 1 person, 4.55%
Common side effects people have besides Pulmonary embolism *:
- Pulmonary Alveolar Haemorrhage (acute bleeding): 7 people, 31.82%
- Cardio-Respiratory Arrest (sudden dysfunction of heart and lungs): 4 people, 18.18%
- Bleeding Disorders: 3 people, 13.64%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 3 people, 13.64%
- Haematemesis (vomiting of blood): 3 people, 13.64%
- Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs): 3 people, 13.64%
- White Blood Cell Count Increased: 2 people, 9.09%
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 2 people, 9.09%
- Leukocytosis (increased white blood cells): 2 people, 9.09%
- International Normalised Ratio Increased: 2 people, 9.09%
Common conditions people have *:
- Acute Myocardial Infarction (acute heart attack): 3 people, 13.64%
- Heart Attack: 2 people, 9.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Integrilin and have Pulmonary embolism?Check whether Pulmonary embolism is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Integrilin side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Integrilin side effects (3,027 reports)
Pulmonary embolism treatments and more:
- Pulmonary embolism (155,616 reports)
Common drugs associated with Pulmonary embolism:
- Yasmin: 11,346 reports
- Yaz: 9,723 reports
- Nuvaring: 6,756 reports
- Prednisone: 6,523 reports
- Xarelto: 5,256 reports
- Vioxx: 4,935 reports
- Aspirin: 4,528 reports
- Methotrexate: 3,665 reports
- Revlimid: 3,600 reports
- Ibu: 3,455 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Pulmonary embolism:
- Pulmonary embolism (3,490 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Pulmonary embolism:
- Birth control: 10,673 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 4,740 reports
- Pain: 4,719 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 4,336 reports
- High blood pressure: 4,307 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Pulmonary embolism:
- Pulmonary embolism (2,860 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on eptifibatide (the active ingredients of Integrilin) and Integrilin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Haloperidol and Armodafinil drug interaction - a second ago
- Amlodipine Besylate and Elidel drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Flecainide Acetate and Erythema Multiforme - 14 seconds ago
- Trintellix and Insomnia Exacerbated - 17 seconds ago
- Prilosec and Lichen Planus Aggravated - 50 seconds ago
- Vitamins and Desvenlafaxine Succinate drug interaction - a minute ago
- Isosorbide Mononitrate and Haematocrit Increased - a minute ago
- Lorazepam and Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Increased - a minute ago
- Krill Oil and Vision Blurred - a minute ago
- Losartan and Aldomet drug interaction - a minute ago