Intron a and Earache - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Earache is found among people who take Intron a, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Intron a and have Earache. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,274 people who have side effects when taking Intron a from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
9,274 people reported to have side effects when taking Intron a.
Among them, 11 people (0.12%) have Earache.
What is Intron a?
Intron a has active ingredients of interferon alfa-2b. eHealthMe is studying from 9,207 Intron a users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Earache?
Earache (ear pain) is found to be associated with 629 drugs by eHealthMe.
Number of Intron a and Earache reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Earache when taking Intron a *:
- female: 70 %
- male: 30 %
Age of people who have Earache when taking Intron a *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 44.44 %
- 40-49: 55.56 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Intron a *:
- Rebetol: 5 people, 45.45%
- Ribavirin: 3 people, 27.27%
- Xanax: 3 people, 27.27%
- Vioxx: 2 people, 18.18%
- Vicodin: 2 people, 18.18%
- Vasotec: 2 people, 18.18%
- Serzone: 2 people, 18.18%
- Prozac: 2 people, 18.18%
- Luvox: 2 people, 18.18%
- Ibuprofen: 2 people, 18.18%
Common side effects people have besides Earache *:
- Oedema Lower Limb (fluid collection in tissue of lower leg): 3 people, 27.27%
- Cough: 3 people, 27.27%
- Weight Increased: 2 people, 18.18%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 2 people, 18.18%
- Lymph Follicular Hypertrophy (an increase in the size of the lymph node follicles): 2 people, 18.18%
- Joint Pain: 2 people, 18.18%
- Hearing Impaired: 2 people, 18.18%
- Hair Loss: 2 people, 18.18%
- Groin Swelling: 2 people, 18.18%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 18.18%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Intron a and have Earache?Check whether Earache is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Earache and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of interferon alfa-2b:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Intron a:
- Intron a (9,207 reports)
Common Intron a side effects:
Browse all side effects of Intron a:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Earache treatments and more:
- Earache (1,078 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Earache:
- Earache in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Earache in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Earache in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Earache:
- Earache (629 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Earache:
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on interferon alfa-2b (the active ingredients of Intron a) and Intron a (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Omnicef and Prostatitis - now
- Diprosone and Oesophageal Candidiasis - 2 seconds ago
- Selenium Sulfide and Ortho Tri-Cyclen drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Monopril and Cardio-Respiratory Arrest - 4 seconds ago
- Pamine and Weight Decreased - 7 seconds ago
- Avonex and Meningism - 14 seconds ago
- Peripheral Ischaemia and Skin Discoloration - Bluish - 20 seconds ago
- Hyponatremia and drugs of ingredients of polyethylene glycol 3350; potassium chloride; sodium bicarbonate; sodium chloride; sodium sulfate, anhydrous - 31 seconds ago
- Levocarnitine and Hectorol drug interaction - 35 seconds ago
- Viibryd and Blood Creatine Phosphokinase Increased - 36 seconds ago