Intron a and Thrombophlebitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Thrombophlebitis is found among people who take Intron a, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Intron a and have Thrombophlebitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,190 people who have side effects when taking Intron a from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
9,190 people reported to have side effects when taking Intron a.
Among them, 23 people (0.25%) have Thrombophlebitis.
What is Intron a?
Intron a has active ingredients of interferon alfa-2b. eHealthMe is studying from 9,207 Intron a users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Thrombophlebitis?
Thrombophlebitis (swelling (inflammation) of a vein caused by a blood clot) is found to be associated with 1,628 drugs and 1,136 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Intron a and Thrombophlebitis reports submitted per year:
Time on Intron a when people have Thrombophlebitis *:
- < 1 month: 37.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 62.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Thrombophlebitis when taking Intron a *:
- female: 47.83 %
- male: 52.17 %
Age of people who have Thrombophlebitis when taking Intron a *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 5 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 10 %
- 50-59: 5 %
- 60+: 80 %
Common drugs people take besides Intron a *:
- Rebetol: 8 people, 34.78%
- Famotidine: 6 people, 26.09%
- Diclofenac Sodium: 3 people, 13.04%
- Aspirin: 2 people, 8.70%
- Zyprexa: 1 person, 4.35%
- Cytoxan: 1 person, 4.35%
- Heparin: 1 person, 4.35%
- Gilenya: 1 person, 4.35%
- Gemzar: 1 person, 4.35%
- Gabapentin: 1 person, 4.35%
Common side effects people have besides Thrombophlebitis *:
- Injection Site Infection: 7 people, 30.43%
- Fever: 7 people, 30.43%
- Neutrophil Count Decreased (less than normal number of neutrophil a type of blood cell): 6 people, 26.09%
- Septicaemia Staphylococcal (blood infection with bacteria): 5 people, 21.74%
- Activated Partial Thromboplastin Time Prolonged: 5 people, 21.74%
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 4 people, 17.39%
- Gamma-Glutamyltransferase Increased: 4 people, 17.39%
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased: 4 people, 17.39%
- Injection Site Thrombosis (injection site blood clotting): 3 people, 13.04%
- Weakness: 3 people, 13.04%
Common conditions people have *:
- Hepatitis C: 5 people, 21.74%
- Malignant Melanoma (skin cancer rises from melancytes): 2 people, 8.70%
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (reoccurrence of an inflammatory disease in which the insulating covers of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord are damaged): 1 person, 4.35%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Intron a and have Thrombophlebitis?Check whether Thrombophlebitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Thrombophlebitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of interferon alfa-2b:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Intron a:
- Intron a (9,207 reports)
Common Intron a side effects:
Browse all side effects of Intron a:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Thrombophlebitis treatments and more:
- Thrombophlebitis (11,681 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Thrombophlebitis:
- Thrombophlebitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Thrombophlebitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Thrombophlebitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Thrombophlebitis:
All the drugs that are associated with Thrombophlebitis:
- Thrombophlebitis (1,628 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Thrombophlebitis:
All the conditions that are associated with Thrombophlebitis:
- Thrombophlebitis (1,136 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on interferon alfa-2b (the active ingredients of Intron a) and Intron a (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Methylnaltrexone Bromide and Blood Creatinine Increased - 3 seconds ago
- Lamotrigine and Dimethyl Fumarate drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- How effective is Janumet Xr for Type 2 Diabetes? - 3 seconds ago
- How effective is Janumet Xr for Diabetes Mellitus Non-Insulin-Dependent? - 4 seconds ago
- Aldactone and Stokes Adams Syndrome - 4 seconds ago
- Imbruvica and Colon Cancer - 4 seconds ago
- Nuplazid and Diabetes - 5 seconds ago
- Singulair and Hypertrophy Breast - 12 seconds ago
- Doxazosin Mesylate and Macular Hole - 12 seconds ago
- Olopatadine Hydrochloride and Increased Upper Airway Secretion - 14 seconds ago