Invega sustenna and Pulmonary embolism - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 22,018 people who have side effects when taking Invega sustenna. Pulmonary embolism is found, especially among people who are male, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Invega and have Psychotic disorder.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Invega sustenna and have Pulmonary embolism. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
22,018 people reported to have side effects when taking Invega sustenna.
Among them, 48 people (0.22%) have Pulmonary embolism.
What is Invega sustenna?
Invega sustenna has active ingredients of paliperidone palmitate. It is used in schizophrenia. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 22,118 Invega sustenna users.
What is Pulmonary embolism?
Pulmonary embolism (blockage of the main artery of the lung) is found to be associated with 3,382 drugs and 2,860 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 155,619 people who have Pulmonary embolism.
Number of Invega sustenna and Pulmonary embolism reports submitted per year:
Time on Invega sustenna when people have Pulmonary embolism *:
- < 1 month: 50.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 16.67 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pulmonary embolism when taking Invega sustenna *:
- female: 34.04 %
- male: 65.96 %
Age of people who have Pulmonary embolism when taking Invega sustenna *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.63 %
- 20-29: 31.58 %
- 30-39: 26.32 %
- 40-49: 5.26 %
- 50-59: 13.16 %
- 60+: 21.05 %
Common drugs people take besides Invega sustenna *:
- Invega: 5 people, 10.42%
- Heparin: 4 people, 8.33%
- Depakote: 4 people, 8.33%
- Coumadin: 4 people, 8.33%
- Zithromax: 3 people, 6.25%
- Diazepam: 3 people, 6.25%
- Zopiclone: 3 people, 6.25%
- Ibuprofen: 3 people, 6.25%
- Invega Trinza: 3 people, 6.25%
- Keflex: 3 people, 6.25%
Common side effects people have besides Pulmonary embolism *:
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 10 people, 20.83%
- Breathing - Slowed Or Stopped: 3 people, 6.25%
- Diabetes: 2 people, 4.17%
- Pneumonia: 2 people, 4.17%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 2 people, 4.17%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 4.17%
- Fall: 2 people, 4.17%
- Gait Disturbance: 2 people, 4.17%
- Cardiac Arrest: 2 people, 4.17%
- Diarrhea: 1 person, 2.08%
Common conditions people have *:
- Psychotic Disorder: 6 people, 12.50%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 4 people, 8.33%
- Stress And Anxiety: 2 people, 4.17%
- Breathing Difficulty: 2 people, 4.17%
- Paranoia (psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur): 2 people, 4.17%
- Sleep Disorder: 2 people, 4.17%
- Aggression: 1 person, 2.08%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 1 person, 2.08%
- Bipolar I Disorder (mood disorder that is characterized by at least one manic or mixed episode): 1 person, 2.08%
- Birth Control: 1 person, 2.08%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Invega sustenna and have Pulmonary embolism?Check whether Pulmonary embolism is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Invega sustenna side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Invega sustenna side effects (22,118 reports)
Pulmonary embolism treatments and more:
- Pulmonary embolism (155,619 reports)
Common drugs associated with Pulmonary embolism:
- Yasmin: 11,346 reports
- Yaz: 9,748 reports
- Nuvaring: 6,767 reports
- Prednisone: 6,523 reports
- Xarelto: 5,256 reports
- Vioxx: 4,935 reports
- Aspirin: 4,528 reports
- Methotrexate: 4,038 reports
- Revlimid: 3,600 reports
- Omeprazole: 3,535 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Pulmonary embolism:
- Pulmonary embolism (3,382 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Pulmonary embolism:
- Birth control: 10,673 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 4,989 reports
- Pain: 4,719 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 4,336 reports
- High blood pressure: 4,307 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Pulmonary embolism:
- Pulmonary embolism (2,860 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on paliperidone palmitate (the active ingredients of Invega sustenna) and Invega sustenna (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Prempro and Albuterol Sulfate drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Robitussin and Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide And Guaifenesin drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Loraz and Epzicom drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Norco and Peritonitis - 8 seconds ago
- Glucovance and Leucovorin Calcium drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Percocet and Cholestasis - 16 seconds ago
- Oxytrol and Prilosec drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Tramadol Hydrochloride and Sucralfate drug interaction - 19 seconds ago
- Propranolol Hydrochloride and Cod Liver Oil drug interaction - 22 seconds ago
- Rebif and Retinopathy - 23 seconds ago