Invokana and Erectile dysfunction - from FDA reports
Erectile dysfunction is found among people who take Invokana, especially for people who are 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Metformin, and have High blood pressure. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 13,927 people who have side effects when taking Invokana from FDA, and is updated regularly.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our independent and original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications.
13,927 people reported to have side effects when taking Invokana.
Among them, 28 people (0.2%) have Erectile dysfunction
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Invokana when people have Erectile dysfunction *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Erectile dysfunction when taking Invokana *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 29.41 %
- 50-59: 58.82 %
- 60+: 11.76 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 5 people, 17.86%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 4 people, 14.29%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 3.57%
- Sleep Disorder: 1 person, 3.57%
- Seasonal Allergy (allergic condition due to certain season): 1 person, 3.57%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Metformin: 10 people, 35.71%
- Novolog: 2 people, 7.14%
- Bystolic: 2 people, 7.14%
- Synthroid: 1 person, 3.57%
- Fluticasone Propionate: 1 person, 3.57%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Libido Decreased (loss of interest in sex): 4 people, 14.29%
- Pollakiuria (abnormally frequent passage of relatively small quantities or urine): 3 people, 10.71%
- Weight Decreased: 3 people, 10.71%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 7.14%
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 2 people, 7.14%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Are you new to Invokana or have questions?
- There are people who "have been there". Follow a Care Guide of Invokana to ask questions and learn from experience.
Volunteer or get paid to help people with your care experience
Invokana has active ingredients of canagliflozin. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Invokana 14,085 users)
Erectile dysfunction has been reported by people with erection problems, hair loss, androgenetic alopecia, depression, high blood pressure (latest reports from 52,244 Erectile dysfunction patients).
Drugs that are associated with Erectile dysfunctionErectile dysfunction (1,385 drugs)
Could your condition cause Erectile dysfunctionErectile dysfunction (1,691 conditions)
Invokana side effects
- Invokana side effects (13,929 reports)
Browse all side effects of Invokanaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Chen LH, Yin HL, "A literature review of antithrombotic and anticoagulating agents on sexual function", Andrologia, 2017 Feb .
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Invokana and have Erectile Dysfunction
- Support group for people who have Erectile Dysfunction
- Support group for people who take Invokana
You may be interested in these posts
- Does anyone take black ginger with viagra? If so what side effects if any?
- Female, late 60's, type II diabetic for12 years. Started Invokana February 2018. Have been on Allopurinol for gout for 30 years with minor occasional flareups. Since starting Invokana, flareups of gout have increased until I am in constant pain in left big toe and extending into my foot and...
- My name is Rita and for the last three weeks I have been taking Invokana 300 once a day
- I took Xarelto for 4 months. 3 weeks into it I had serious erectile/sexual dysfunction. I discontinued it on March 2017. Have not recovered since. I never had any such issue in my life. You can read here more details here: thrombosis.gr/xarelto-and-erectile-dysfunction/
- I took Xarelto for 4 months. 3 weeks into it I had serious erectile/sexual dysfunction. I discontinued it on March 2017. Have not recovered since. I never had any such issue in my life. You can read here more details here: https://thrombosis.gr/xarelto-and-erectile-dysfunction/
- Will you have Impulsive Behavior with Humira?
- Will you have Fatigue with Tessalon?
- Will you have Concussion with Diabetes?
- Will you have Acne with Abilify?
- Will you have Shortness Of Breath with Depo-Provera?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Humira and have Impulsive Behavior?
- Support group for people who take Tessalon and have Fatigue?
- Support group for people who have Diabetes and Concussion?
- Support group for people who take Abilify and have Acne?
- Support group for people who take Depo-Provera and have Shortness Of Breath?
Recent Care Guides
- Tender care (Free)
- Nana fran (monthly rate: $10.00)
- Feynman (monthly rate: $10.00)
- Anita d (monthly rate: $10.00)
- Pearl (monthly rate: $10.00)
You could also:
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.