Isentress and Myositis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Myositis is found among people who take Isentress, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Isentress and have Myositis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 14,637 people who have side effects when taking Isentress from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
14,637 people reported to have side effects when taking Isentress.
Among them, 26 people (0.18%) have Myositis.
What is Isentress?
Isentress has active ingredients of raltegravir potassium. It is often used in hiv infection. eHealthMe is studying from 14,852 Isentress users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Myositis?
Myositis (inflammation of the muscles) is found to be associated with 1,655 drugs and 1,054 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Isentress and Myositis reports submitted per year:
Time on Isentress when people have Myositis *:
- < 1 month: 8.33 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 16.67 %
- 1 - 2 years: 8.33 %
- 2 - 5 years: 16.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Myositis when taking Isentress *:
- female: 4.55 %
- male: 95.45 %
Age of people who have Myositis when taking Isentress *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 5.26 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 5.26 %
- 40-49: 36.84 %
- 50-59: 42.11 %
- 60+: 10.53 %
Common drugs people take besides Isentress *:
- Truvada: 8 people, 30.77%
- Etravirine: 6 people, 23.08%
- Darunavir: 6 people, 23.08%
- Ritonavir: 5 people, 19.23%
- Reyataz: 4 people, 15.38%
- Fenofibrate: 4 people, 15.38%
- Epzicom: 3 people, 11.54%
- Norvir: 3 people, 11.54%
- Prezista: 3 people, 11.54%
- Selzentry: 2 people, 7.69%
Common side effects people have besides Myositis *:
- Weakness: 3 people, 11.54%
- Blood Creatinine Increased: 3 people, 11.54%
- Interstitial Nephritis (inflammation of the kidney): 3 people, 11.54%
- Pain In Extremity: 3 people, 11.54%
- Lymphoma (cancer that begins in immune system cells): 2 people, 7.69%
- Neck Mass (mass in neck): 2 people, 7.69%
- Muscle Aches (muscle pain): 2 people, 7.69%
- Blood Creatine Phosphokinase Increased: 2 people, 7.69%
- Brain Mass: 2 people, 7.69%
- Sensory Disturbance (sense disturbance): 2 people, 7.69%
Common conditions people have *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 4 people, 15.38%
- Dyslipidaemia (abnormal amount of lipids): 4 people, 15.38%
- Joint Pain: 1 person, 3.85%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 1 person, 3.85%
- Hiv Test Positive: 1 person, 3.85%
- Blood Creatinine Increased: 1 person, 3.85%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 1 person, 3.85%
- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (disease of the human immune system caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (hiv)): 1 person, 3.85%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Isentress and have Myositis?Check whether Myositis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Proti? D, Balti? S, Stupar N, Pavlov-Dolijanovi? S, Mugo?a S, Todorovi? Z, "A case of myositis with immunological background associated with statin use", Open Medicine, 2014 Oct .
How severe was Myositis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of raltegravir potassium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Isentress:
- Isentress (14,852 reports)
Common Isentress side effects:
Browse all side effects of Isentress:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Myositis treatments and more:
- Myositis (11,582 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Myositis:
- Myositis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Myositis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Myositis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Myositis:
All the drugs that are associated with Myositis:
- Myositis (1,655 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Myositis:
All the conditions that are associated with Myositis:
- Myositis (1,054 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on raltegravir potassium (the active ingredients of Isentress) and Isentress (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Symlin and Diabetic Ketoacidosis - 13 seconds ago
- Asacol and Letairis drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Atrovent and Tooth Extraction - 28 seconds ago
- Astragalus and Memory Loss - 28 seconds ago
- Avandia and High Blood Cholesterol - 30 seconds ago
- Carbamazepine and Anger - 39 seconds ago
- Baclofen and Lotensin drug interaction - 52 seconds ago
- Glucophage Xr and Diabetes - 54 seconds ago
- Actos and Drug Ineffective - a minute ago
- Euthyrox and Indigestion - a minute ago