Ismo and Agranulocytosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Agranulocytosis is found among people who take Ismo, especially for people who are male, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Ismo and have Agranulocytosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 923 people who have side effects when taking Ismo from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
923 people reported to have side effects when taking Ismo.
Among them, 8 people (0.87%) have Agranulocytosis.
What is Ismo?
Ismo has active ingredients of isosorbide mononitrate. eHealthMe is studying from 946 Ismo users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Agranulocytosis?
Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection) is found to be associated with 3,182 drugs and 3,394 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Ismo and Agranulocytosis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Agranulocytosis when taking Ismo *:
- female: 37.5 %
- male: 62.5 %
Age of people who have Agranulocytosis when taking Ismo *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 12.5 %
- 60+: 87.5 %
Common drugs people take besides Ismo *:
- Zopiclone: 3 people, 37.50%
- Oxycodone: 3 people, 37.50%
- Tamsulosin: 2 people, 25.00%
- Simvastatin: 2 people, 25.00%
- Lasix: 2 people, 25.00%
- Amaryl: 1 person, 12.50%
- Flomax: 1 person, 12.50%
- Crestor: 1 person, 12.50%
- Digoxin: 1 person, 12.50%
- Actos: 1 person, 12.50%
Common side effects people have besides Agranulocytosis *:
- Cardiac Failure Congestive: 2 people, 25.00%
- Haemoglobin Decreased: 2 people, 25.00%
- Chills (felling of cold): 2 people, 25.00%
- Chest Pain: 2 people, 25.00%
- Fever: 2 people, 25.00%
- Dizziness: 2 people, 25.00%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 2 people, 25.00%
- Heart Rate Irregular: 1 person, 12.50%
- Fungal Skin Infection: 1 person, 12.50%
- Dry Mouth: 1 person, 12.50%
Common conditions people have *:
- Constipation: 3 people, 37.50%
- Pancreatic Carcinoma (pancreatic cancer): 1 person, 12.50%
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia (cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes (a type of white blood cell)): 1 person, 12.50%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Ismo and have Agranulocytosis?Check whether Agranulocytosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Fasullo, S., Davì, S., Cosenza, G., Di Franco, F., La Manna, N., Giubilato, A., ... & Maringhini, G. , "Acute agranulocytosis after oral administration of dabigatran: a rare case report and a short review of literature", Journal of thrombosis and thrombolysis, 2018 Jan .
How severe was Agranulocytosis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of isosorbide mononitrate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Ismo:
- Ismo (946 reports)
Agranulocytosis treatments and more:
- Agranulocytosis (180,980 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Agranulocytosis:
- Agranulocytosis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Agranulocytosis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Agranulocytosis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Agranulocytosis:
- Clozapine: 15,427 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 10,824 reports
- Prednisone: 7,574 reports
- Methotrexate: 7,194 reports
- Carboplatin: 7,154 reports
- Fluorouracil: 6,985 reports
- Revlimid: 6,848 reports
- Cisplatin: 6,157 reports
- Dexamethasone: 5,854 reports
- Etoposide: 5,284 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Agranulocytosis:
- Agranulocytosis (3,182 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Agranulocytosis:
- Multiple myeloma: 9,913 reports
- Breast cancer: 5,558 reports
- High blood pressure: 5,100 reports
- Schizophrenia: 4,907 reports
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma: 3,585 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Agranulocytosis:
- Agranulocytosis (3,394 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on isosorbide mononitrate (the active ingredients of Ismo) and Ismo (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Carbamazepine and Thrombocytosis - 3 seconds ago
- Cerebyx and Dysstasia - 3 seconds ago
- Sunosi and Flushing Aggravated - 12 seconds ago
- Migraine and Haemorrhage - 25 seconds ago
- Benicar Hct and Spigelian Hernia - 37 seconds ago
- Pancuronium Bromide and Diverticulitis - 45 seconds ago
- Cefpodoxime Proxetil and Respiratory Disorder - 46 seconds ago
- Coumadin and Cranberry Juice drug interaction - 59 seconds ago
- Aromasin and Metastases To Thorax - a minute ago
- Cough and Heart Rate Increased - a minute ago