Isoniazid and Diarrhea - from FDA reports
Diarrhea is found among people who take Isoniazid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Pyrazinamide, and have Hiv infection. This review analyzes which people have Diarrhea with Isoniazid. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,749 people who have side effects when taking Isoniazid from FDA, and is updated regularly.
10,749 people reported to have side effects when taking Isoniazid.
Among them, 274 people (2.55%) have Diarrhea
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Isoniazid when people have Diarrhea *:
- < 1 month: 28.3 %
- 1 - 6 months: 41.51 %
- 6 - 12 months: 26.42 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.77 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Isoniazid *:
- female: 54.05 %
- male: 45.95 %
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Isoniazid *:
- 0-1: 0.43 %
- 2-9: 4.7 %
- 10-19: 5.56 %
- 20-29: 11.11 %
- 30-39: 17.52 %
- 40-49: 13.68 %
- 50-59: 18.38 %
- 60+: 28.63 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hiv Infection: 61 people, 22.26%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 49 people, 17.88%
- Preventive Health Care: 34 people, 12.41%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 18 people, 6.57%
- Pain: 16 people, 5.84%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Pyrazinamide: 52 people, 18.98%
- Efavirenz: 33 people, 12.04%
- Ethambutol Hydrochloride: 33 people, 12.04%
- Methotrexate: 33 people, 12.04%
- Humira: 31 people, 11.31%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fever: 92 people, 33.58%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 86 people, 31.39%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 73 people, 26.64%
- Abdominal Pain: 45 people, 16.42%
- Weakness: 42 people, 15.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Subscribe to monitor Diarrhea in Isoniazid
- Subscribe to monitor Isoniazid
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Diarrhea
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Isoniazid has active ingredients of isoniazid. It is often used in tuberculosis. (latest outcomes from Isoniazid 11,053 users)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, pain (latest reports from 302,036 Diarrhea patients).
Drugs that are associated with DiarrheaDiarrhea (3,412 drugs)
Could your condition cause DiarrheaDiarrhea (4,963 conditions)
Isoniazid side effects
- Isoniazid side effects (10,753 reports)
Browse all side effects of Isoniazida b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Isoniazid and have Diarrhea
- Support group for people who have Diarrhea
- Support group for people who take Isoniazid
You may be interested in these posts
- Has anyone stopped taking the med and have symptoms clear up?
- Hi I'm carol. I have copd. I use symbicort. It gives me diarrhea . I now use Dulera.
- I'm so happy to have found this group!
- I have had severe diahrea since taking levimir. It won't go away. My name is Pat from Nebraska
- Hello, I’m a 65 year old female. I started Forteo 9 months ago. I’ve had testing done to determine my constant diarrhea and all test were negative. It narrows down to the Forteo. What are any of you doing to help? This diarrhea controls and rules my life. Any advice would be appreciated.
- Will you have Mood Swings with Ddavp?
- Will you have Balanitis Candida with Simponi?
- Will you have Wasting with Centrum Silver?
- Will you have Edema with Nifedipine?
- Will you have Fatigue with Myfortic?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Ddavp and have Mood Swings?
- Support group for people who take Simponi and have Balanitis Candida?
- Support group for people who take Centrum Silver and have Wasting?
- Support group for people who take Nifedipine and have Edema?
- Support group for people who take Myfortic and have Fatigue?
- Bala Krishnan - Age 53-india - having Gerd_Anxity_rls (Want to Know what Med can be fit for...
- Hi I am the girlfriend of a man with a inguinal hernia the size of a softball. He is a very...
- Charlene Vermeulen - I have extreme muscle stiffness and migraines caused by stiff jaw
- Hi I am three girlfriend off a man with a inguinal hernia the size of a softball. He is a very...
- My daughter is limping around the house. We tried mustard, salt, bananas, heating pad. I may need...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.