Isoniazid and Diarrhea - from FDA reports
Diarrhea is found among people who take Isoniazid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Pyrazinamide, and have Hiv infection. This review analyzes which people have Diarrhea with Isoniazid. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,749 people who have side effects when taking Isoniazid from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
10,749 people reported to have side effects when taking Isoniazid.
Among them, 274 people (2.55%) have Diarrhea
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Isoniazid when people have Diarrhea *:
- < 1 month: 30.19 %
- 1 - 6 months: 39.62 %
- 6 - 12 months: 26.42 %
- 1 - 2 years: 3.77 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Isoniazid *:
- female: 54.05 %
- male: 45.95 %
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Isoniazid *:
- 0-1: 0.43 %
- 2-9: 4.7 %
- 10-19: 5.5600000000000005 %
- 20-29: 11.11 %
- 30-39: 17.52 %
- 40-49: 13.68 %
- 50-59: 18.38 %
- 60+: 28.63 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hiv Infection: 61 people, 22.26%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 49 people, 17.88%
- Preventive Health Care: 34 people, 12.41%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 18 people, 6.57%
- Pain: 16 people, 5.84%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Pyrazinamide: 52 people, 18.98%
- Methotrexate: 33 people, 12.04%
- Ethambutol Hydrochloride: 33 people, 12.04%
- Efavirenz: 33 people, 12.04%
- Humira: 31 people, 11.31%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fever: 92 people, 33.58%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 86 people, 31.39%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 73 people, 26.64%
- Abdominal Pain: 45 people, 16.42%
- Weakness: 42 people, 15.33%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Isoniazid and have Diarrhea?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Diarrhea
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- C-reactive protein, (crp) quantitative ($52.00) Add to cart
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Folate, rbc ($83.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Rheumatoid arthritis (ra) factor ($46.00) Add to cart
- Sedimentation rate ($47.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
- Vitamin b12 ($47.00) Add to cart
Isoniazid has active ingredients of isoniazid. It is often used in tuberculosis. (latest outcomes from Isoniazid 11,053 users)
Diarrhea has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, crohn's disease, pain (latest reports from 302,036 Diarrhea patients).
Drugs that are associated with DiarrheaDiarrhea (3,994 drugs)
Could your condition cause DiarrheaDiarrhea (4,954 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDiarrhea and drugs with ingredients of isoniazid. (299 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDiarrhea and Isoniazid from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Isoniazid side effects
- Isoniazid side effects (10,753 reports)
Browse all side effects of Isoniazida b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Isoniazid and have Diarrhea
- Support group for people who have Diarrhea
- Support group for people who take Isoniazid
Can you answer these questions
- Will anything happen if I take isoniazid and Claritin?
- while taking Plavix is there anything that can help with the diarrhea ?
- Any recommended drugs for people who experience diarrhoea while taking viagra?
- I have been Hiprex for about 9 months with no problems and then about a month ago I started having diarrhea issues. Wondering how other folks treat this problem.
- occational coughing up blood since taking isonianid and pyridoxine /
You may be interested in these posts
- I've been taking Isoniazid for 4 months. I started having sciatica symptoms about 10 days ago. Pain travels from right lower back, along hip, across right thigh to left side of knee. Is this necessarily a side effect of the drug? If so, how does one cope? Change medications? Chiropractor?...
- Since my last colonoscopy in August 2017 I have been suffering from diarrhea. I do not like Imodium and have started on probiotic supplement + Greek yogurt. So, what is my real problem? I have osteoarthritis, which is a pain 😖. Just started hydrolyzed animal collagen, which may help the OA, but...
- Is there anything over the counter to take for diarrhea with Jardience? I'm only on day 3 of the drug and I can't leave the toilet! Thanks for your help.
- Hi all. I have been on this education for the last 8 months and have diaherea each time I take my shot. With that i have developed colitis and I have been. Suffering big time.tell me your story. My Dr does not believe i get the runs from the medication. I am getting to the point of punching...
- I was having diarrhea before starting Cymbalta and it has gotten worse through the months. I will have another colonoscopy. As soon as I eat, I am to the bathroom within 10-15 minutes. I am diagnosed with Crohn's. But the diarrhea I have starts soft, turns to mush, and then greasy/slimy clumps...
- Abelcet and Azulfidine En-Tabs drug interaction
- Will you have Fatigue with Erythema Multiforme?
- Will you have Weariness with Erythema Multiforme?
- Will you have Tiredness with Erythema Multiforme?
- Will you have Lethargy with Erythema Multiforme?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Abelcet and Azulfidine En-Tabs
- Support group for people who have Erythema Multiforme and Fatigue?
- Support group for people who have Erythema Multiforme and Weariness?
- Support group for people who have Erythema Multiforme and Tiredness?
- Support group for people who have Erythema Multiforme and Lethargy?
- What to expect when you take Abelcet and Azulfidine En-Tabs
- What to expect when you have Erythema Multiforme and Fatigue?
- What to expect when you have Erythema Multiforme and Weariness?
- What to expect when you have Erythema Multiforme and Tiredness?
- What to expect when you have Erythema Multiforme and Lethargy?
- A study for a 69 year old woman who takes Farxiga, Tresiba
- A study for a 72 year old woman who takes Meloxicam, Lyrica
- A study for a 51 year old woman who takes Pepcid, Otezla, Hydroxyzine, Lamictal, Lexapro
- A study for a 57 year old woman who takes Colace
- A study for a 40 year old woman who takes Yasmin
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.