Isoniazid and Weakness - from FDA reports
Weakness is found among people who take Isoniazid, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Pyrazinamide, and have Rheumatoid arthritis. This review analyzes which people have Weakness with Isoniazid. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,749 people who have side effects when taking Isoniazid from FDA , and is updated regularly.
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our original studies have been referenced on 400+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including: The Lancet, and Mayo Clinic Proceedings.
10,749 people reported to have side effects when taking Isoniazid.
Among them, 327 people (3.04%) have Weakness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Isoniazid when people have Weakness *:
- < 1 month: 34.09 %
- 1 - 6 months: 54.55 %
- 6 - 12 months: 11.36 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Weakness when taking Isoniazid *:
- female: 54.55 %
- male: 45.45 %
Age of people who have Weakness when taking Isoniazid *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.35000000000000003 %
- 10-19: 4.55 %
- 20-29: 11.19 %
- 30-39: 17.83 %
- 40-49: 12.59 %
- 50-59: 17.48 %
- 60+: 36.01 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 66 people, 20.18%
- Hiv Infection: 45 people, 13.76%
- High Blood Pressure: 16 people, 4.89%
- Preventive Health Care: 14 people, 4.28%
- Depression: 10 people, 3.06%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Pyrazinamide: 69 people, 21.10%
- Humira: 56 people, 17.13%
- Methotrexate: 33 people, 10.09%
- Omeprazole: 26 people, 7.95%
- Ethambutol Hydrochloride: 26 people, 7.95%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fever: 71 people, 21.71%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 63 people, 19.27%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 57 people, 17.43%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 53 people, 16.21%
- Dizziness: 46 people, 14.07%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Isoniazid and have Weakness?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Weakness
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- C-reactive protein, (crp) quantitative ($52.00) Add to cart
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Glucose, serum ($35.00) Add to cart
- Hcg (pregnancy) qualitative, serum (human chorionic gonadotropin) females only ($53.00) Add to cart
- Rheumatoid arthritis (ra) factor ($46.00) Add to cart
- Sedimentation rate ($47.00) Add to cart
- Thyroid panel with tsh plus free t3 and free t4 ($99.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Isoniazid has active ingredients of isoniazid. It is often used in tuberculosis. (latest outcomes from Isoniazid 11,053 users)
Weakness has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 303,652 Weakness patients).
Drugs that are associated with WeaknessWeakness (4,231 drugs)
Could your condition cause WeaknessWeakness (5,066 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsWeakness and drugs with ingredients of isoniazid. (377 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeWeakness and Isoniazid from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Isoniazid side effects
- Isoniazid side effects (10,753 reports)
Browse all side effects of Isoniazida b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Isoniazid and have Weakness
- Support group for people who have Weakness
- Support group for people who take Isoniazid
Can you answer these questions
- Will anything happen if I take isoniazid and Claritin?
- occational coughing up blood since taking isonianid and pyridoxine /
- I have been recently given a diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis. I had an atypical presentation with muscle pains in my thighs and later on wrist swelling. No joint pains or stiffness. Probably very early still. I am taking low dose steroids and MTX. The muscle pains improved but I developed...
- I am asking if others find this problem a norm? I am supposedly in the age group that has the most probable chance for this problem at 71. Of course the other provkem is the price of eliquis. First month was $409.55 This New Year.
- Can folic acid cause increase of fibroid and harm to a patient with ovarian cancer
You may be interested in these posts
- I've been taking Isoniazid for 4 months. I started having sciatica symptoms about 10 days ago. Pain travels from right lower back, along hip, across right thigh to left side of knee. Is this necessarily a side effect of the drug? If so, how does one cope? Change medications? Chiropractor?...
- I’ve been taking Xarelto for 6 weeks and finding increased muscle pain, weakness in my arms, shoulder, elbow and now wrist. Left arm much worse than right. Anyone have similar symptoms? I’m female 58 y/o.
- Had the Mirena fitted 6 months ago and haven’t been feeling right since!
- After several mRI's and cat scans to check for MS it turns out to be side effects from the glipizide or at least were hoping. Ive stopped taking Glipized for 5 days now and seem to be able to walk a little longer but not far before the weakness intrudes on my legs I sit with muscle spasms, the...
- I have been so tired, weak and shaky while beginning my half dose of Chantix. I’m kinda afraid to graduate to the full dose!
- Will you have Thyroid Cancer Metastatic with Gynorest?
- Imodium and Chlordiazepoxide Hydrochloride drug interaction
- Will you have Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis with Terbinafine Hydrochloride?
- Will you have Urethritis - Chronic with Kombiglyze Xr?
- Will you have Genital Oedema Male with Lisinopril?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Gynorest and have Thyroid Cancer Metastatic?
- Support group for people who take Imodium and Chlordiazepoxide Hydrochloride
- Support group for people who take Terbinafine Hydrochloride and have Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis?
- Support group for people who take Kombiglyze Xr and have Urethritis - Chronic?
- Support group for people who take Lisinopril and have Genital Oedema Male?
- What to expect when you take Gynorest and have Thyroid Cancer Metastatic?
- What to expect when you take Imodium and Chlordiazepoxide Hydrochloride
- What to expect when you take Terbinafine Hydrochloride and have Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis?
- What to expect when you take Kombiglyze Xr and have Urethritis - Chronic?
- What to expect when you take Lisinopril and have Genital Oedema Male?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.