Isosorbide dinitrate and Polycythaemia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Polycythaemia is reported only by a few people who take Isosorbide Dinitrate.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Isosorbide dinitrate and have Polycythaemia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,798 people who have side effects while taking Isosorbide dinitrate from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
11,798 people reported to have side effects when taking Isosorbide dinitrate.
Among them, 2 people (0.02%) have Polycythaemia.
What is Isosorbide dinitrate?
Isosorbide dinitrate has active ingredients of isosorbide dinitrate. It is often used in angina. eHealthMe is studying from 11,898 Isosorbide dinitrate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Polycythaemia?
Polycythaemia (proportion of blood volume that is occupied by red blood cells increases) is found to be associated with 720 drugs and 401 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Isosorbide dinitrate and Polycythaemia reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Polycythaemia when taking Isosorbide dinitrate *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Polycythaemia when taking Isosorbide dinitrate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Isosorbide dinitrate *:
- Rabeprazole: 1 person, 50.00%
- Metoclopramide Hcl: 1 person, 50.00%
- Lisinopril: 1 person, 50.00%
- Lasix: 1 person, 50.00%
- Glyburide: 1 person, 50.00%
- Furosemide: 1 person, 50.00%
- Felodipine: 1 person, 50.00%
- Captopril: 1 person, 50.00%
- Aldactone: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Polycythaemia *:
- Wegener's Granulomatosis (inflammation of the blood vessels lungs sinuses): 1 person, 50.00%
- Thrombosis (formation of a blood clot inside a blood vessel): 1 person, 50.00%
- Skin Necrosis (skin damage): 1 person, 50.00%
- Right Ventricular Failure (right half of the heart fails to work): 1 person, 50.00%
- Polyarteritis Nodosa (progressive disease of connective tissue): 1 person, 50.00%
- Plasma Viscosity Increased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Panniculitis (inflammation of the subcutaneous fat): 1 person, 50.00%
- Mental Status Changes (general changes in brain function, such as confusion, amnesia (memory loss), loss of alertness, loss of orientation): 1 person, 50.00%
- Idiopathic Or Primary Livedo Reticularis (netlike pattern of reddish-blue skin discoloration, usually on the legs): 1 person, 50.00%
- Fat Embolism (fat obstruction due to injury): 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Isosorbide dinitrate and have Polycythaemia?Check whether Polycythaemia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Polycythaemia and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of isosorbide dinitrate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Isosorbide dinitrate:
- Isosorbide dinitrate (11,898 reports)
Common Isosorbide dinitrate side effects:
Browse all side effects of Isosorbide dinitrate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Polycythaemia treatments and more:
- Polycythaemia (2,644 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Polycythaemia:
- Polycythaemia in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Polycythaemia in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Polycythaemia in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Polycythaemia:
All the drugs that are associated with Polycythaemia:
- Polycythaemia (720 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Polycythaemia:
- High blood pressure: 122 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Polycythaemia:
- Polycythaemia (401 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on isosorbide dinitrate (the active ingredients of Isosorbide dinitrate) and Isosorbide dinitrate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Colazal and Tardive Dyskinesia - a second ago
- Tooth Abscess and Nightmares - 14 seconds ago
- Terazol 7 and Pulmonary Valve Stenosis - 16 seconds ago
- Cefadroxil and Fibromyalgia - 27 seconds ago
- Obsessive Thoughts in Diastat, how severe and when it was recovered? - 31 seconds ago
- How effective is Robaxin for Fibromyalgia? - 34 seconds ago
- Trelegy Ellipta and Swelling Face - 38 seconds ago
- Meropenem and Diphen drug interaction - 54 seconds ago
- Cephalexin and Angiomyolipoma - a minute ago
- Calcium and Back Pain - a minute ago