Itraconazole and Indigestion - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Indigestion is found among people who take Itraconazole, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Itraconazole and have Indigestion. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 10,940 people who have side effects when taking Itraconazole from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
10,940 people reported to have side effects when taking Itraconazole.
Among them, 32 people (0.29%) have Indigestion.
What is Itraconazole?
Itraconazole has active ingredients of itraconazole. It is often used in fungal infection. eHealthMe is studying from 10,306 Itraconazole users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Indigestion?
Indigestion is found to be associated with 3,493 drugs and 3,101 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Itraconazole and Indigestion reports submitted per year:
Time on Itraconazole when people have Indigestion *:
- < 1 month: 90 %
- 1 - 6 months: 10 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Indigestion when taking Itraconazole *:
- female: 29.63 %
- male: 70.37 %
Age of people who have Indigestion when taking Itraconazole *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 4 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 4 %
- 40-49: 8 %
- 50-59: 16 %
- 60+: 68 %
Common drugs people take besides Itraconazole *:
- Paracetamol: 8 people, 25.00%
- Decitabine: 8 people, 25.00%
- Acetaminophen: 6 people, 18.75%
- Metoclopramide: 6 people, 18.75%
- Morphine: 6 people, 18.75%
- Acyclovir: 5 people, 15.62%
- Amlodipine: 5 people, 15.62%
- Vancomycin: 5 people, 15.62%
- Oxycodone: 5 people, 15.62%
- Chlorpheniramine Maleate: 4 people, 12.50%
Common side effects people have besides Indigestion *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 15 people, 46.88%
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 10 people, 31.25%
- Weakness: 9 people, 28.12%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 8 people, 25.00%
- Joint Pain: 7 people, 21.88%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 7 people, 21.88%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 7 people, 21.88%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 7 people, 21.88%
- Constipation: 7 people, 21.88%
- Fever: 6 people, 18.75%
Common conditions people have *:
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 6 people, 18.75%
- High Blood Pressure: 3 people, 9.38%
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: 2 people, 6.25%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 6.25%
- Breathing Difficulty: 2 people, 6.25%
- Constipation: 2 people, 6.25%
- Cough: 2 people, 6.25%
- Delirium (wild excitement): 2 people, 6.25%
- Fever: 2 people, 6.25%
- Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood): 2 people, 6.25%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Itraconazole and have Indigestion?Check whether Indigestion is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Indigestion and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of itraconazole:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Itraconazole:
- Itraconazole (10,306 reports)
Common Itraconazole side effects:
Browse all side effects of Itraconazole:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Indigestion treatments and more:
- Indigestion (209,849 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Indigestion:
- Indigestion in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Indigestion in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Indigestion in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Indigestion:
All the drugs that are associated with Indigestion:
- Indigestion (3,493 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Indigestion:
All the conditions that are associated with Indigestion:
- Indigestion (3,101 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on itraconazole (the active ingredients of Itraconazole) and Itraconazole (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Divalproex and Foot Deformity - 4 seconds ago
- Ondansetron and Depressed Mood - 6 seconds ago
- Taztia Xt vs. Adalat - 10 seconds ago
- Arava and Reglan drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Tessalon and Movement - Uncontrolled Or Slow - 24 seconds ago
- Calan and Feeling Drunk - 26 seconds ago
- Cytomel and Skin Tightness - 42 seconds ago
- Rashes and Type Iv Hypersensitivity Reaction - 54 seconds ago
- Xeljanz and Full Blood Count Decreased - a minute ago
- Ondansetron and Nervous System Disorder - a minute ago