Jakafi and Breath sounds - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 52,363 people who have side effects when taking Jakafi. Breath sounds is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take Glucosamine and have Polycythaemia vera.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Jakafi and have Breath sounds. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
52,363 people reported to have side effects when taking Jakafi.
Among them, 16 people (0.03%) have Breath sounds.
What is Jakafi?
Jakafi has active ingredients of ruxolitinib phosphate. It is used in primary myelofibrosis. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 52,440 Jakafi users.
What is Breath sounds?
Breath sounds is found to be associated with 1,248 drugs and 375 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 188 people who have Breath sounds.
Number of Jakafi and Breath sounds reports submitted per year:
Time on Jakafi when people have Breath sounds *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 50 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Breath sounds when taking Jakafi *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Breath sounds when taking Jakafi *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 25 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 25 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 50 %
Common drugs people take besides Jakafi *:
- Zyrtec: 2 people, 12.50%
- Heparin: 2 people, 12.50%
- Paracetamol: 2 people, 12.50%
- Oxycodone: 2 people, 12.50%
- Mycamine: 2 people, 12.50%
- Morphine: 2 people, 12.50%
- Maxipime: 2 people, 12.50%
- Magnesium: 2 people, 12.50%
- Lovenox: 2 people, 12.50%
- Glucosamine: 2 people, 12.50%
Common side effects people have besides Breath sounds *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 7 people, 43.75%
- Splenomegaly (enlargement of spleen): 7 people, 43.75%
- Pneumonia: 6 people, 37.50%
- Fever: 5 people, 31.25%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 4 people, 25.00%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 4 people, 25.00%
- Productive Cough: 4 people, 25.00%
- Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body): 4 people, 25.00%
- Hepatomegaly (abnormal enlargement of the liver): 3 people, 18.75%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 3 people, 18.75%
Common conditions people have *:
- Polycythaemia Vera (blood disorder in which the bone marrow makes too many red blood cells): 6 people, 37.50%
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 25.00%
- Varices Oesophageal (enlarged and swollen veins at the bottom of the oesophagus, near the stomach): 2 people, 12.50%
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (a progressive disease that makes it hard to breathe): 2 people, 12.50%
- Constipation: 2 people, 12.50%
- Fever: 2 people, 12.50%
- Graft Versus Host Disease (the donated bone marrow or stem cells view the recipient's body as foreign, and the donated cells/bone marrow attack the body): 2 people, 12.50%
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 2 people, 12.50%
- Hypertonia (abnormal increase in muscle tension and a reduced ability of a muscle to stretch): 2 people, 12.50%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1 person, 6.25%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Jakafi and have Breath sounds?Check whether Breath sounds is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Jakafi side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Jakafi side effects (52,440 reports)
Breath sounds treatments and more:
- Breath sounds (188 reports)
Common drugs associated with Breath sounds:
- Prednisone: 1,062 reports
- Symbicort: 677 reports
- Singulair: 671 reports
- Spiriva: 625 reports
- Alvesco: 366 reports
- Amlodipine: 342 reports
- Furosemide: 309 reports
- Nucala: 289 reports
- Metformin: 255 reports
- Lyrica: 246 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Breath sounds:
- Breath sounds (1,248 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Breath sounds:
- Asthma: 1,350 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 307 reports
- High blood pressure: 302 reports
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: 147 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Breath sounds:
- Breath sounds (375 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ruxolitinib phosphate (the active ingredients of Jakafi) and Jakafi (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Folic Acid and Hypotonia - 4 seconds ago
- Flovent and Armodafinil drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Symbicort and Fluticasone Propionate drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Duloxetine Hydrochloride and Ceftazidime drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Capecitabine and Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Adenosine and Melatonin drug interaction - 23 seconds ago
- Pentacarinat and Chills - 24 seconds ago
- Avelox and Xolair drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Aredia and Clostridium Difficile Colitis - 34 seconds ago
- Magnesium Sulfate and Glimepiride drug interaction - 37 seconds ago