Janumet and Hypomania - from FDA reports
Hypomania is reported only by a few people who take Janumet. We study 11,926 people who have side effects while taking Janumet from FDA. Among them, 2 have Hypomania. Find out below who they are, when they have Hypomania and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 24, 2017
11,926 people reported to have side effects when taking Janumet.
Among them, 2 people (0.02%) have Hypomania
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hypomania when taking Janumet *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Hypomania when taking Janumet *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 100 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Depression (2 people, 100.00%)
- Pain (1 person, 50.00%)
- Affect Lability (1 person, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Cymbalta (2 people, 100.00%)
- Risperidone (1 person, 50.00%)
- Nuedexta (1 person, 50.00%)
- Lansoprazole (1 person, 50.00%)
- Fenofibrate (1 person, 50.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Decreased (1 person, 50.00%)
- Poor Quality Sleep (1 person, 50.00%)
- Mania (1 person, 50.00%)
- Delirium (1 person, 50.00%)
- Completed Suicide (1 person, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Hypomania when taking Janumet?
- Check symptoms - is hypomania caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHypomania and drugs with ingredients of metformin hydrochloride; sitagliptin phosphate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHypomania and Janumet from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Janumet has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride; sitagliptin phosphate. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Janumet 12,419 users)
Hypomania (a mild form of mania, marked by elation and hyperactivity) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, pain, stress and anxiety, insomnia (latest reports from 3,153 Hypomania patients).
Browse all side effects of Janumeta b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HypomaniaHypomania
Could your condition cause HypomaniaHypomania
What would happen?
User reviews to the study
Been on Buspar for about 30 days at 5mg three times a day. AT first took it wrong was taking it every fours hours no one told me it should be spaced over 8 hours. I also have just come of Cymbalta now been 18 days. Feel a little hypomania like my real self is trying to emerge could this be ...
Hi. My name is Christy. My husband has diabetes type 2 and was recently put on janumet. He is NOT the same person. He is usually VERY fun loving, positive, a family jokester and just never gets mad or blows up for minor things. I noticed his personality seemed so different a couple of days ...