Janumet and Ischaemic stroke - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Ischaemic stroke is found among people who take Janumet, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 10+ years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Janumet and have Ischaemic stroke. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 22,062 people who have side effects when taking Janumet from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
22,062 people reported to have side effects when taking Janumet.
Among them, 44 people (0.2%) have Ischaemic stroke.
What is Janumet?
Janumet has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride; sitagliptin phosphate. It is often used in diabetes. eHealthMe is studying from 22,650 Janumet users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Ischaemic stroke?
Ischaemic stroke (stroke; caused by an interruption in the flow of blood to the brain) is found to be associated with 1,465 drugs and 998 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Janumet and Ischaemic stroke reports submitted per year:
Time on Janumet when people have Ischaemic stroke *:
- < 1 month: 10 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 20 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 70 %
Gender of people who have Ischaemic stroke when taking Janumet *:
- female: 33.33 %
- male: 66.67 %
Age of people who have Ischaemic stroke when taking Janumet *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 5.41 %
- 50-59: 29.73 %
- 60+: 64.86 %
Common drugs people take besides Janumet *:
- Crestor: 9 people, 20.45%
- Lipitor: 8 people, 18.18%
- Prilosec: 6 people, 13.64%
- Xarelto: 6 people, 13.64%
- Vytorin: 6 people, 13.64%
- Mobic: 5 people, 11.36%
- Viagra: 5 people, 11.36%
- Cialis: 5 people, 11.36%
- Celebrex: 5 people, 11.36%
- Glucophage: 5 people, 11.36%
Common side effects people have besides Ischaemic stroke *:
- Weight Decreased: 11 people, 25.00%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 8 people, 18.18%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 7 people, 15.91%
- Thrombosis (formation of a blood clot inside a blood vessel): 6 people, 13.64%
- Memory Loss: 6 people, 13.64%
- Bone Density Decreased: 5 people, 11.36%
- Bone Disorder: 5 people, 11.36%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 5 people, 11.36%
- Joint Pain: 5 people, 11.36%
- Depression: 5 people, 11.36%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Cholesterol: 9 people, 20.45%
- Heart Attack: 8 people, 18.18%
- High Blood Pressure: 7 people, 15.91%
- Pain: 7 people, 15.91%
- Depression: 7 people, 15.91%
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 5 people, 11.36%
- Stress And Anxiety: 5 people, 11.36%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 5 people, 11.36%
- Indigestion: 5 people, 11.36%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 5 people, 11.36%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Janumet and have Ischaemic stroke?Check whether Ischaemic stroke is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Ischaemic stroke and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of metformin hydrochloride; sitagliptin phosphate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Janumet:
- Janumet (22,650 reports)
Common Janumet side effects:
- Diarrhea: 1,546 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,021 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,012 reports
- High blood pressure: 917 reports
- Indigestion: 855 reports
- Weight decreased: 827 reports
Browse all side effects of Janumet:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Ischaemic stroke treatments and more:
- Ischaemic stroke (23,115 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Ischaemic stroke:
- Ischaemic stroke in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Ischaemic stroke in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Ischaemic stroke in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Ischaemic stroke:
- Pradaxa: 2,361 reports
- Xarelto: 2,087 reports
- Vioxx: 1,658 reports
- Aspirin: 1,418 reports
- Furosemide: 676 reports
- Celebrex: 672 reports
- Metformin: 636 reports
- Plavix: 571 reports
- Simvastatin: 563 reports
- Omeprazole: 553 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Ischaemic stroke:
- Ischaemic stroke (1,465 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Ischaemic stroke:
- Atrial fibrillation/flutter: 3,402 reports
- Stroke: 1,865 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,356 reports
- Pain: 590 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Ischaemic stroke:
- Ischaemic stroke (998 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on metformin hydrochloride; sitagliptin phosphate (the active ingredients of Janumet) and Janumet (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Busulfan and Viral Gastroenteritis - 3 seconds ago
- Busulfan and Gastroenteritis - Viral - 3 seconds ago
- Sucralfate and Lantus drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Atenolol and Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter - 6 seconds ago
- Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride and Lantus drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Lantus and Irbesartan drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Lantus and Hydrodiuril drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Augmentin and Pulmonary Oedema Aggravated - 9 seconds ago
- Atorvastatin Calcium and Prevalite drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Olmesartan Medoxomil and Lantus drug interaction - 10 seconds ago