Januvia and Impotence - from FDA reports
Impotence is found among people who take Januvia, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Glipizide, and have Bone disorder. This review analyzes which people have Impotence with Januvia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 41,491 people who have side effects when taking Januvia from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Dec, 20, 2017
41,491 people reported to have side effects when taking Januvia.
Among them, 129 people (0.31%) have Impotence
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Januvia when people have Impotence *:
- < 1 month: 2.38 %
- 1 - 6 months: 16.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 21.43 %
- 1 - 2 years: 19.05 %
- 2 - 5 years: 33.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 7.14 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Impotence when taking Januvia *:
- female: 1.59 %
- male: 98.41 %
Age of people who have Impotence when taking Januvia *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.85 %
- 30-39: 11.11 %
- 40-49: 16.67 %
- 50-59: 27.78 %
- 60+: 42.59 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Bone Disorder (13 people, 10.08%)
- Multiple Myeloma (10 people, 7.75%)
- High Blood Pressure (9 people, 6.98%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (6 people, 4.65%)
- Enlarged Prostate (6 people, 4.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Glipizide (26 people, 20.16%)
- Aspirin (25 people, 19.38%)
- Coreg (24 people, 18.60%)
- Toprol-Xl (23 people, 17.83%)
- Lipitor (23 people, 17.83%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (34 people, 26.36%)
- Breathing Difficulty (32 people, 24.81%)
- Spinal Osteoarthritis (26 people, 20.16%)
- Neuropathy Peripheral (26 people, 20.16%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (26 people, 20.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Impotence when taking Januvia?
- Check symptoms - is impotence caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsImpotence and drugs with ingredients of sitagliptin phosphate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeImpotence and Januvia from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Januvia has active ingredients of sitagliptin phosphate. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from Januvia 42,434 users)
Impotence (powerlessness) has been reported by people with erection problems, hair loss, androgenetic alopecia, depression, high blood pressure (latest reports from 52,241 Impotence patients).
Browse all side effects of Januviaa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with ImpotenceImpotence
Could your condition cause ImpotenceImpotence
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Stricklin SM, Stoecker WV, Rader RK, Hood AF, Litt JZ, Schuman TP, "Persistent edematous-plaque photosensitivity observed with sitagliptin phosphate (Januvia®)", Dermatology online journal, 2012 Feb .
- Belice T, Yuce S, Kizilkaya B, Kurt A, Cure E, "Noncardiac pulmonary edema induced by sitagliptin treatment", Journal of family medicine and primary care, 2014 Jan .
- Liao KF, Lin CL, Lai SW, Chen WC, "Sitagliptin use and risk of acute pancreatitis in type 2 diabetes mellitus: a population-based case-control study in Taiwan", European journal of internal medicine, 2016 Jan .
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Now it is about $70 at my pharmacy and i cannot buy it at the small price because I no longer belong to that clinic. Does anyone know which of the discount pharmacies or anywhere else where you can get way discounted Levitra or Cialis? It does exist!
Been using lyrica for six months, and have terrible problems either ED. My partner doesn't have a big problem with it, bless her, but I do. I need to come off this drug anyway, because of the background headaches I get. I suffer from Chronic Cluster Headaches. The side effects are even worse ...
I've been taking Terazosin for at least 3 years or longer and my erectile dysfunction is getting worse. I'm taking Viagra and it was working for quite some time but now it's not having much of an effect. Do either the Terazosin by itself cause erectile dysfunction or does the interaction of the ...
Does your sex life ever go back to normal after taking this drug or is it permanent it's been 13 months and no change i also cant feel the intoxicating effects of alcohol does this change after a few years????
had prostate removed about 8 yrs ago " robotic surgery " then a year ago had my ureter repaired " had a hard time to pee" any way I was fine up until the ureter operation... now having a problem even when I take my little blue pill ?? theres info. on the zolpidem that it can cause ed... only ...
User posts to the study
Yeah I took harvoni for 12 weeks.. I am 55 years old, my sex drive was great before treatment...but now I don't have much desire to have sex, and when I do want to I can't get it up... never had this problem before... will I ever get back where I was before treatment?????? It has been 8. Months ...
I had been taking Januvia 100 mg in the morning along with 1000 mg if metformin and 10 units of Basaglar generic for Lantus. My anxiety got bad and anger I have never felt that bad I was so out of control lashing out at everyone my mood has never been that bad. I have not taking my Januvia for 5 ...