Januvia and Urine odor abnormal - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 69,623 people who have side effects when taking Januvia. Urine odor abnormal is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take Magnesium and have Arthritis.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Januvia and have Urine odor abnormal. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
69,623 people reported to have side effects when taking Januvia.
Among them, 23 people (0.03%) have Urine odor abnormal.
What is Januvia?
Januvia has active ingredients of sitagliptin phosphate. It is used in diabetes. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 70,775 Januvia users.
What is Urine odor abnormal?
Urine odor abnormal is found to be associated with 1,367 drugs and 628 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 6,547 people who have Urine odor abnormal.
Number of Januvia and Urine odor abnormal reports submitted per year:
Time on Januvia when people have Urine odor abnormal *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 66.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 33.33 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Urine odor abnormal when taking Januvia *:
- female: 66.67 %
- male: 33.33 %
Age of people who have Urine odor abnormal when taking Januvia *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 7.69 %
- 50-59: 38.46 %
- 60+: 53.85 %
Common drugs people take besides Januvia *:
- Metformin: 3 people, 13.04%
- Vitamin D: 3 people, 13.04%
- Vitamin C: 3 people, 13.04%
- Colace: 3 people, 13.04%
- Compazine: 3 people, 13.04%
- Imodium: 3 people, 13.04%
- Magnesium: 3 people, 13.04%
- Crestor: 2 people, 8.70%
- Lasix: 2 people, 8.70%
- Toprol-Xl: 2 people, 8.70%
Common side effects people have besides Urine odor abnormal *:
- Diarrhea: 6 people, 26.09%
- Back Pain: 5 people, 21.74%
- High Blood Pressure: 5 people, 21.74%
- Joint Pain: 4 people, 17.39%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 4 people, 17.39%
- Weakness: 4 people, 17.39%
- Heart Rate Increased: 4 people, 17.39%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 4 people, 17.39%
- Arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat): 3 people, 13.04%
- Fall: 3 people, 13.04%
Common conditions people have *:
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 3 people, 13.04%
- Ovarian Cancer (cancer of ovary): 2 people, 8.70%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 8.70%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 8.70%
- Thrombosis (formation of a blood clot inside a blood vessel): 1 person, 4.35%
- Prostatic Disorder: 1 person, 4.35%
- Joint Swelling: 1 person, 4.35%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 4.35%
- Depression: 1 person, 4.35%
- Colon Cancer: 1 person, 4.35%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Januvia and have Urine odor abnormal?Check whether Urine odor abnormal is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Liao KF, Lin CL, Lai SW, Chen WC, "Sitagliptin use and risk of acute pancreatitis in type 2 diabetes mellitus: a population-based case-control study in Taiwan", European journal of internal medicine, 2016 Jan .
- Belice T, Yuce S, Kizilkaya B, Kurt A, Cure E, "Noncardiac pulmonary edema induced by sitagliptin treatment", Journal of family medicine and primary care, 2014 Jan .
- Misgar, R. A., Bhat, J. A., Wani, A. I., & Bashir, M. I., "Sitagliptin induced splenic infarcts", Clinical Diabetology, 2014 Jan .
- Stricklin SM, Stoecker WV, Rader RK, Hood AF, Litt JZ, Schuman TP, "Persistent edematous-plaque photosensitivity observed with sitagliptin phosphate (Januvia?)", Dermatology online journal, 2012 Feb .
Januvia side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Januvia side effects (70,775 reports)
Urine odor abnormal treatments and more:
- Urine odor abnormal (6,547 reports)
Common drugs associated with Urine odor abnormal:
- Aspirin: 466 reports
- Prednisone: 366 reports
- Metformin: 232 reports
- Vitamin d: 227 reports
- Amlodipine: 226 reports
- Lipitor: 207 reports
- Synthroid: 199 reports
- Methotrexate: 199 reports
- Omeprazole: 197 reports
- Furosemide: 190 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Urine odor abnormal:
- Urine odor abnormal (1,367 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Urine odor abnormal:
- Multiple sclerosis: 554 reports
- High blood pressure: 364 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 332 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 260 reports
- Pain: 210 reports
- Osteoporosis: 178 reports
- Type 2 diabetes: 173 reports
- Diabetes: 147 reports
- Depression: 146 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Urine odor abnormal:
- Urine odor abnormal (628 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on sitagliptin phosphate (the active ingredients of Januvia) and Januvia (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Amlodipine Besylate and Zirgan drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Magnevist and Sanctura drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Botox and Benicar drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Sertraline and Lip Injury - 32 seconds ago
- Ozempic and Injection Site Bruising - 37 seconds ago
- Spironolactone and Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis - 51 seconds ago
- Arthrotec and Pelvic Pain - 52 seconds ago
- Neurontin and Zepatier drug interaction - 53 seconds ago
- Heart Palpitations and drugs of ingredients of linaclotide - 53 seconds ago
- Levothyroxine Sodium and Bentyl drug interaction - 55 seconds ago