Jardiance and Impaired work ability - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Impaired work ability is found among people who take Jardiance, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Jardiance and have Impaired work ability. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 28,596 people who have side effects when taking Jardiance from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
28,596 people reported to have side effects when taking Jardiance.
Among them, 11 people (0.04%) have Impaired work ability.
What is Jardiance?
Jardiance has active ingredients of empagliflozin. eHealthMe is studying from 22,585 Jardiance users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Impaired work ability?
Impaired work ability is found to be associated with 1,506 drugs and 1,041 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Jardiance and Impaired work ability reports submitted per year:
Time on Jardiance when people have Impaired work ability *:
- < 1 month: 66.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 33.33 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Impaired work ability when taking Jardiance *:
- female: 72.73 %
- male: 27.27 %
Age of people who have Impaired work ability when taking Jardiance *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 14.29 %
- 50-59: 71.43 %
- 60+: 14.29 %
Common drugs people take besides Jardiance *:
- Vitamin D3: 3 people, 27.27%
- Ondansetron: 2 people, 18.18%
- Metformin: 2 people, 18.18%
- Victoza: 2 people, 18.18%
- Bydureon: 2 people, 18.18%
- Byetta: 2 people, 18.18%
- Lantus: 2 people, 18.18%
- Biotin: 1 person, 9.09%
- Brilinta: 1 person, 9.09%
- Bydureon Bcise: 1 person, 9.09%
Common side effects people have besides Impaired work ability *:
- Weight Decreased: 4 people, 36.36%
- Diarrhea: 3 people, 27.27%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 2 people, 18.18%
- Nausea And Vomiting: 2 people, 18.18%
- Micturition Urgency (urgency to pass the urine): 2 people, 18.18%
- Thirst: 2 people, 18.18%
- Constipation: 2 people, 18.18%
- Headache (pain in head): 2 people, 18.18%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 9.09%
- Fungal Infection: 1 person, 9.09%
Common conditions people have *:
- Type 2 Diabetes: 3 people, 27.27%
- Glycosylated Haemoglobin Decreased: 2 people, 18.18%
- Diabetes Mellitus Inadequate Control: 1 person, 9.09%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 9.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Jardiance and have Impaired work ability?Check whether Impaired work ability is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Impaired work ability and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of empagliflozin:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Jardiance:
- Jardiance (22,585 reports)
Common Jardiance side effects:
Browse all side effects of Jardiance:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Impaired work ability treatments and more:
- Impaired work ability (20,310 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Impaired work ability:
- Impaired work ability in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Impaired work ability in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Impaired work ability in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Impaired work ability:
All the drugs that are associated with Impaired work ability:
- Impaired work ability (1,506 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Impaired work ability:
All the conditions that are associated with Impaired work ability:
- Impaired work ability (1,041 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on empagliflozin (the active ingredients of Jardiance) and Jardiance (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Excedrin and Spiriva drug interaction - now
- Inderal and Stereotypy - 5 seconds ago
- Sertraline Hydrochloride and Injection Site Pruritus - 9 seconds ago
- Zelnorm and Folic Acid drug interaction - 10 seconds ago
- Testopel and Cerebral Haemorrhage - 12 seconds ago
- Flurbiprofen and Face Oedema - 14 seconds ago
- Ventavis and Urine Output - Decreased - 21 seconds ago
- Dificid and Mirtazapine drug interaction - 25 seconds ago
- Vitamin D2 and Escherichia Urinary Tract Infection - 28 seconds ago
- Apidra Solostar and Pruritus Aggravated - 32 seconds ago