Kadian and Abdominal discomfort - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 22,859 people who have side effects when taking Kadian. Abdominal discomfort is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, also take Calcium and have Nasal congestion.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Kadian and have Abdominal discomfort. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
22,859 people reported to have side effects when taking Kadian.
Among them, 22 people (0.1%) have Abdominal discomfort.
What is Kadian?
Kadian has active ingredients of morphine sulfate. It is used in pain. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 22,988 Kadian users.
What is Abdominal discomfort?
Abdominal discomfort is found to be associated with 3,548 drugs and 2,901 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 256,626 people who have Abdominal discomfort.
Number of Kadian and Abdominal discomfort reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Abdominal discomfort when taking Kadian *:
- female: 77.27 %
- male: 22.73 %
Age of people who have Abdominal discomfort when taking Kadian *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 11.11 %
- 40-49: 5.56 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 50.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Kadian *:
- Aspirin: 6 people, 27.27%
- Calcium: 6 people, 27.27%
- Nasonex: 4 people, 18.18%
- Ranexa: 4 people, 18.18%
- Coreg: 4 people, 18.18%
- Symbicort: 4 people, 18.18%
- Synthroid: 4 people, 18.18%
- Vitamin B12: 4 people, 18.18%
- Clonazepam: 3 people, 13.64%
- Miralax: 3 people, 13.64%
Common side effects people have besides Abdominal discomfort *:
- Diarrhea: 7 people, 31.82%
- Hyperhidrosis (abnormally increased sweating): 7 people, 31.82%
- Dizziness: 7 people, 31.82%
- Weakness: 5 people, 22.73%
- Abdominal Pain: 5 people, 22.73%
- Abdominal Rigidity: 4 people, 18.18%
- Infrequent Bowel Movements: 4 people, 18.18%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 4 people, 18.18%
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 18.18%
- Osteoporotic Fracture (fracture due to weak bone): 4 people, 18.18%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 18.18%
- Arthropathy: 4 people, 18.18%
- Heart Disease: 4 people, 18.18%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 4 people, 18.18%
- Nasal Congestion (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels): 4 people, 18.18%
- Cardiac Disorder: 3 people, 13.64%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 3 people, 13.64%
- Hypersensitivity: 3 people, 13.64%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 2 people, 9.09%
- Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss): 2 people, 9.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Kadian and have Abdominal discomfort?Check whether Abdominal discomfort is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Rasmy A, Rahal M, Kisana M, Ahmad S, Salah A, "Morphine induced thrombocytopenia: A case report", Journal of Case Reports and Images in Oncology, 2015 Dec .
Kadian side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Kadian side effects (22,988 reports)
Abdominal discomfort treatments and more:
- Abdominal discomfort (256,626 reports)
Common drugs associated with Abdominal discomfort:
- Prednisone: 16,922 reports
- Methotrexate: 15,597 reports
- Humira: 15,146 reports
- Enbrel: 14,994 reports
- Arava: 11,635 reports
- Xeljanz: 11,299 reports
- Actemra: 10,762 reports
- Cimzia: 10,248 reports
- Orencia: 9,304 reports
- Sulfasalazine: 8,667 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Abdominal discomfort:
- Abdominal discomfort (3,548 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Abdominal discomfort:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 16,957 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 7,780 reports
- Psoriasis: 6,069 reports
- High blood pressure: 5,340 reports
- Pain: 4,751 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 4,054 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 3,697 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Abdominal discomfort:
- Abdominal discomfort (2,901 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on morphine sulfate (the active ingredients of Kadian) and Kadian (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Rituxan and Grip Strength Decreased - 11 seconds ago
- Vioxx and Iatrogenic Injury - 38 seconds ago
- Dilaudid and Poor Peripheral Circulation - 46 seconds ago
- Magnesium and Heart Rate Decreased - a minute ago
- Belsomra and Withdrawal Syndrome - a minute ago
- Alprazolam and Loss Of Consciousness - a minute ago
- Chlorzoxazone and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder - a minute ago
- Chlorzoxazone and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder - a minute ago
- Procardia and Ceclor drug interaction - a minute ago
- Suboxone and Keppra drug interaction - 2 minutes ago